HELP Broken Screen on Droid

maidmarianiii

Reaction score
Is there a way to replace a broken screen on the Moto Droid? Even with protection, it was dropped and shattered. I saw a link on how to disassemble the DroidX, but how can you get a new screen? Any help is appreciated. Thanks :sad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to replace a broken screen on the Moto Droid? Even with protection, it was dropped and shattered. I saw a link on how to disassemble the DroidX, but how can you get a new screen? Any help is appreciated. Thanks :sad:

The only way I know is to send it in to Motorola for a repair. It will take a few days and I think it cost around 65.00 to 80.00.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're best bet is to call verizon up and ask what they recommend. I have yet to see a valid screen replacement service and folks have been searching for one off and on for a while. You can check the web too but there isn't much out there. For example I found this thread: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/102881 and its from last December.

No insurance?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I am guessing no Insurance with it.....

Replacing the screen yourself is a huge task...They have been a few posts here about having the screen replaced on a Droid.....If you have an X, not sure what your going to do.

OP
M

maidmarianiii

Reaction score
Its on the Droid I just sold to someone (because I had to have the X) and they couldn't get the insurance due to 3 party transaction. I saw the layout for taking apart the Droid X and YES, nothing I would attempt. But the broken one is on the Moto Droid (first one).

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
its kind of a late reply but i heard u can manually add insurance by dialing *661 or something like that...there are also other insurers like car insurance compannies