Help!! Bricked phone?

joey112

Reaction score
Hello all, just rooted my milestone a few weeks ago. Today i want to download the new Froyo Kangerade roms. I went to use the Sprecovery method but i cant managed to install it so i used ROM manager instead. went to flash clockworkrecovery. after that, i cant get into recovery mode and it shows this is bootloader mode:Err:A5,69,35,00,2F
Did i just brick my phone? My phone still managed to work normally after the whole accident. please help+( i am freaking out here

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The problem is that the roms hosted on here are for Droids only, not Milestones. I'm not sure what you did to your phone, you're better off finding a european forum about Milestones

OP
J

joey112

Reaction score
omgosh..i thought milestond and droid are the same ..BOOHOO DIED

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Hello all, just rooted my milestone a few weeks ago. Today i want to download the new Froyo Kangerade roms. I went to use the Sprecovery method but i cant managed to install it so i used ROM manager instead. went to flash clockworkrecovery. after that, i cant get into recovery mode and it shows this is bootloader mode:Err:A5,69,35,00,2F
Did i just brick my phone? My phone still managed to work normally after the whole accident. please help+( i am freaking out here

Did you make a backup of your previous ROM? I really hope you did, because then just boot into recovery and nandroid restore it.

Edit: Oops, reading to fast again... Sounds like it's an RSDLite deal.. good luck bro!

Last edited:
OP
J

joey112

Reaction score
i posted the same topic in the milestone section..urm i made a backup after i rooted my phone using nandroid. is it ok?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
i posted the same topic in the milestone section..urm i made a backup after i rooted my phone using nandroid. is it ok?

It really sounds like you need to restore your bootloader, I dunno how milestone does it, but it's got to be the same as RSDLite or something like that to restore SPRecovery, after that you should be able to nandroid restore your previous backup or install the rom you used before

OP
J

joey112

Reaction score
will doing factory reset work? actually i have nothing to backup coz i reset my phone after rooting soo everything is lost. just need to redownload apps and stuff

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah definitely find a European forum with a large Milestone community. I'm not sure where I saw one, but I remember seeing a Milestone rom developing community on some site with .de at the end in the url.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you can do a factory reset without booting into the phone then go for it. On the Droid I think you need to be booted in.

OP
J

joey112

Reaction score
cant do factory reset via privacy settings. it just brings me to the bootloader menu..sighhhh. guess i need to find the default stock sbf file and flash it to the phone ?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
cant do factory reset via privacy settings. it just brings me to the bootloader menu..sighhhh. guess i need to find the default stock sbf file and flash it to the phone ?

When you get to the boot loader menu can you pick nandroid then restore? if you can try and restore the previous nandroid you did, if you can't we are out of your realm, we're all american users mostly here...

OP
J

joey112

Reaction score
curently re-flashing to the stock sbf=( i am tooo scared of doing modding to my phone already

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nah don't be scared, just make sure you're flashing a Milestone ROM not a Droid one and you'll be fine.