Help - Bionic took a swim - need to recover pics

sierrapuppers

Reaction score
So my 2 year old sent my Bionic swimming in the toilet. Luckily I have insurance so it's getting replaced. However, the screen on the soaked Bionic is dead and I want to get my pics off it (apparently they were stored in internal memory even though I had it set to sd?!?!?) I can get the phone powered on no prob. But when I connect it via USB, the computer doesn't see it. I'm guessing that's because it's set in charge only mode not mass storage. Anybody know a way around this? I just want to get my pics....thanks in advance...

Amy

OP
S

sierrapuppers

Reaction score
I dont know how to that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JRParsons

Reaction score
His screen is dead, tough to change settings when you can't see the choices.

You need a way to pull the data from the phone to the pc without using the controls on the phone. And your phone is set on charge only.

Hmmmmmmm

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
His screen is dead, tough to change settings when you can't see the choices.

You need a way to pull the data from the phone to the pc without using the controls on the phone. And your phone is set on charge only.

Hmmmmmmm

Oh yeah duh! :p I was in the car and didn't read it fully... ;)
I guess there are some ways but they'd be pretty technical. I'd say just take it in the Verizon store, I think that's you're best bet... :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Wait until your new phone arrives and use the new phone as a "map". Just lay the phones side-by-side and you should be able to use the new phone to see where to touch the screen on the old phone. Does the broken phone ring when you call it? Hopefully the screen is the only thing not working.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If its just a matter of the bionics screen physically, can't you do HDMI mirroring on your tv to see what your looking at?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Wait until your new phone arrives and use the new phone as a "map". Just lay the phones side-by-side and you should be able to use the new phone to see where to touch the screen on the old phone. Does the broken phone ring when you call it? Hopefully the screen is the only thing not working.

If the screen's not working I doubt that the digitizer would be responding... Possible yes but probably not probable...

@Shadez I totally forgot about mirroring!

Try hdmi like shadez said, it should work! :) Oh, snap, except I'm not sure if your digitizer is working ... Is still worth a try!

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!