help appreciated - can't get 2.1 OTA

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
U cant navigate the recovery with the D Pad?
Well it says that I need to press the volume up and camera keys simultaneously to get to the point of using the D pad to navigate to the 2.1 update zip... didn't try since my volume up key is f*ed.
Up to this point I've been using ClockWorkMod or SPRecov... never had to do a hard reset the VZW way..lol

BTW... 2.2 from here is probably ahead of the curve compared to what VZW ends up sending to us..lmao

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it says that I need to press the volume up and camera keys simultaneously to get to the point of using the D pad to navigate to the 2.1 update zip... didn't try since my volume up key is f*ed.
Up to this point I've been using ClockWorkMod or SPRecov... never had to do a hard reset the VZW way..lol

so yours won't OTA automatically either then? i find that an odd coincidence... !

2 users out of 1 million +... must be a sign that something is going on... :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

BTW... 2.2 from here is probably ahead of the curve compared to what VZW ends up sending to us..lmao

U on the stock recovery now?

Any way to get SP back on your phone to try to install the 2.0.1 baseband manually? The basebands are in update.zip format now so changing them is alot easier.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

so yours won't OTA automatically either then? i find that an odd coincidence... !

2 users out of 1 million +... must be a sign that something is going on... :)
We'll see....only time will tell .. although once i get my new (uhumm, refurbished, like 'new') Droid tommorrow, I'll be flashing it to FlawlessFroyo/BuglessBeast v0.1 immediately...lol :)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

U on the stock recovery now?

Any way to get SP back on your phone to try to install the 2.0.1 baseband manually? The basebands are in update.zip format now so changing them is alot easier.
I'll be sending my Droid back tommorrow so I'll just send it back to them as is and let them 'refurbish' it...lmao
They shouldn't give me any grief, especially considering that my account is in the $225/month range,,,:) they'd be stupid if they try to screw with me...lmao... well atleast I hope they won't...