Help an Edge newbie!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what is the edge functionality capable of? Best uses? Please help me, I'm not seeing a lot of value in the Edge so far.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
This may help..

Edge panels

The edge screen gets far more shortcuts and tools with the S7 Edge. The People edge, a menu of favorite contacts is still there, but it's joined by the Apps edge menu, which shows your most frequently used apps and the Tasks edge, where you can add shortcuts of things you do often with your phone (such as taking a selfie or creating a new calendar event).

There are also new panels of information from Yahoo News, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Finance, your calendar, weather and more. You can customize the Edge screen in settings, removing panels you don't want and downloading new ones from the Samsung app store.

Edge feed
Swipe a finger back and forth along either edge when the screen is off to see the Edge feed. It's a tiny display of helpful information, like missed calls, messages, sports scores and news updates. You can swipe up and down along the edge to move between feeds, which include Yahoo News, Yahoo Finance stock information, and your step count from the built-in S Health pedometer.

Edge lighting
Just like with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, the S7 Edge's screen will light up when someone calls or texts you. When the phone is resting screen down, the edge will glow when you get an incoming call or text. If the person calling you is one of the contacts in your People edge the screen will glow with whichever color you've assigned them -- either blue, green, purple, yellow or orange.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I VERY rarely use the edge on my S6. In fact, the only reason I bought it was to show my customers why they probably don't need it. I like that Sammy added a little more functionality to the Edge, but I will be sticking with the regular S7 for my upgrade in May.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I VERY rarely use the edge on my S6. In fact, the only reason I bought it was to show my customers why they probably don't need it. I like that Sammy added a little more functionality to the Edge, but I will be sticking with the regular S7 for my upgrade in May.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I agree that most people will rarely use the edge features, even with the increased functionality on the Edge S7. I kept the edge features on for a couple of days, but I never actually used them, so I turned all of them off.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am finding it handy to quickly swipe back and forth on edge to see my notifications without unlocking the phone. Though it is easier to do that on my Moto 360.

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
Edge is good for the battery and screen..only reason i got it