Hellooooooooooooo

Jersey08

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum here, I was googling some stuff about the Droid Incredible after i ordered it and came upon this site and decided to register. I ordered mine June 5th and they said it ship by the 25th and i get it the 26, the only problemmmmm is i leave at 6:20AM to fly to NC for a week :angry: I went in today and asked if they had a tracking number yet and they said no :angry: so it hasn't been shipped. I was REALLYYYYYY hoping i get it so i could mess around with it in the airport. My girlfriend and her parents are driving down and picking me up at the airport so i was hoping to have the phone to mess around with during the down time while i waited for them. still hoping i get lucky and get it before i leave! fingers crossed!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. Sorry for the delayed delivery. My advice enjoy your trip and get lots of rest because once you get your Droid you days and nights will be consumed by the phone and this forum.

Mike

OP
Jersey08

Jersey08

Reaction score
haha thanks guys. this forum is awesome im learning so much before i even get my phone.

question for everyone...

im hearing a lot about the battery life of these phone. any suggestions?? from what ive managed to gather from the hundreds of pages on this forum i feel like my best bet it to go on ebay too order an extra battery along with a charger to charge the spare battery and a car charger (its a combo package). along with that i was going to get the Innocell 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery because it adds no thickness to the phone.

any thoughts, everyones help is appreciated!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keeping in mind that every phone is different and every user has different needs it is difficult to say how your phone and battery will react. Heat seems to be the biggest drain on batteries. Use causes heat. To-date, I've not have any issues with my battery. I charge my phone once a day and that works for me. Options, purchase a second battery, car charger, wall or dock charger.

If you travel a lot then get a car charger now but wait until you get your phone to see how things go then get the extras.

Mike

OP
Jersey08

Jersey08

Reaction score
Keeping in mind that every phone is different and every user has different needs it is difficult to say how your phone and battery will react. Heat seems to be the biggest drain on batteries. Use causes heat. To-date, I've not have any issues with my battery. I charge my phone once a day and that works for me. Options, purchase a second battery, car charger, wall or dock charger.

If you travel a lot then get a car charger now but wait until you get your phone to see how things go then get the extras.

Mike
yeah i hear you, but i get bored often at work, this is my first smart phone, and i feel like i will be using it a lot (atleast in the very beginning) so i was wondering what are my best options so i can get a head start on it before my phone gets here and im ready when it does arrive.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike
yeah i hear you, but i get bored often at work, this is my first smart phone, and i feel like i will be using it a lot (atleast in the very beginning) so i was wondering what are my best options so i can get a head start on it before my phone gets here and im ready when it does arrive.

Well if funding is not an issue that get the entire bag (extra batter, car charger, dock, wall charger)

OP
Jersey08

Jersey08

Reaction score

Mike

Well if funding is not an issue that get the entire bag (extra batter, car charger, dock, wall charger)
yeah that's what im going to do because its a cheap combo pack on ebay. i was just wondering what others thought. I also wanted to get the Innocell 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery because it adds no thickness to the phone but saw something about like the Innocell 3500mAhor something but it adds a compartment port that you have to put on the phone which im trying to avoid but am wondering if it adds a lot of thickness and if the extra battery life is worth it orrrrr if with an extra battery and the Innocell 1750mAh it even out you know?