Hello

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Hello.
Im Rachel and have been a PROUD owner of a Motorola Droid now for about 6 months... Im wanting to root my phone but honestly am a chicken to do so.lol...Im happy to be here and cant wait to see all the helpful threads that are in this Forum.dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello.
Im Rachel and have been a PROUD owner of a Motorola Droid now for about 6 months... Im wanting to root my phone but honestly am a chicken to do so.lol...Im happy to be here and cant wait to see all the helpful threads that are in this Forum.dancedroid

Glad to have you here. Rooting is optional, don't feel like you absolutely need to do it. We have a lot of members happy running stock.

If you do decide to root please make sure you visit the hacking section and read the stickies in there so you can understand what exactly you are doing.

And if you do get stuck we have plenty of people around to help. Let us know if you need anything. :)

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
need not feel scared we all were the first time.

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Thank you for the Welcomes. Im so tempted to root my Droid I really want to see what this power pack phone can really do. Wanting to let it out of the stables soon. I want to root and run a custom ROM but not sure how to back up my droid before hand.lol

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Read post 13 of the first link in my signature, and welcome to the forums too, btw.

The link in the post above is also the 3rd link in my signature and will help if you have any issues installing SPRecovery with RSDLite.

The important thing is to read through, know what the steps are and what they each do. When/if things go wrong, many here will lend a hand.

Basically: get rsd lite, install sprecovery, make a backup, flash a rom. enjoy.