Hello

Ignoramus

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a newspaper photographer who will soon be getting a Droid for use in my daily work, as will my coworkers at the paper. We are sold on the ways in which the Droid will uncouple us from a desk in terms of organization, but we have a couple of other items on the wish list.

Chiefly, pairing the device with our Mac laptops (10.4) to take advantage of the Verizon 3g network to transmit images. I'll be asking about that a lot shortly.

At any rate, I look forward to exploring the device and hope that this forum can help us really milk the phone for all it is worth as we begin to carry our office in our pockets.

Thanks.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Ignoramus!

Be sure to join the Mac users group! Im running two macs with 10.6 Snow Leopard. its very easy to drag and drop images in between devices. doubleTwist is also a great program for OS X that 'syncs' with your Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a newspaper photographer who will soon be getting a Droid for use in my daily work, as will my coworkers at the paper. We are sold on the ways in which the Droid will uncouple us from a desk in terms of organization, but we have a couple of other items on the wish list.

Chiefly, pairing the device with our Mac laptops (10.4) to take advantage of the Verizon 3g network to transmit images. I'll be asking about that a lot shortly.

At any rate, I look forward to exploring the device and hope that this forum can help us really milk the phone for all it is worth as we begin to carry our office in our pockets.

Thanks.

What exactly do you need to pair? If you're looking to pair it like with blue tooth then the answer is no, you can't do it. Mac is made by Apple and they have this little device called an iPhone they want you to use so Blue Tooth with any other phone (at least to the best of my knowledge) is not possible.

Now if you want to sync your mail and all that, yes that can be done. You can also easily transfer items over via USB from one device to another.

Good luck and let us know if we can help in any way.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Ignoramus : )

sounds insulting lol

Glad to have you onboard. There are a lot of Mac users here so you will feel right at home.

Enjoy.

OP
I

Ignoramus

Reaction score
I'll tell you guys what it is we will HAVE to do eventually here, then move the topic to the Mac forum.

As photographers, we are constantly asked to send images to an FTP server from the field so that they can be used on our website and laid out in the print edition of the paper. We use USB modems now. We would like to use the Droid instead to eliminate a device from our kits. I see that PDAnet offers a solution for Mac 10.5 and newer users, but unfortunately we are using 10.4.

So, tether the Droid for a 3G connection for the laptop. That's what we are after.