Hello to the forum....

OP
N

Nismo90tt

Reaction score
How are you making out?

Ok, so I got it back to normal, then installed BB 1.1 (I think), then installed the FROYO BB. I haven't figured out how to do a "theme" yet or how to install an overclock "kernel".

However, one of my main issues is that I don't want a bunch of icons cluttering up my screen. I used Helix Launcher for the simple reason that it allowed me to stick 4 icons onto the bottom of my screen and they would ALWAYS be down there regardless of which "home screen" I was on. After I installed BB 1.1, I installed Helix and it took everything back to the stock look.
Maybe there is a better ROM for what I'm looking for...or maybe a theme will help me. I don't know. I'm new at this part of the Droid and so far am just playing around with things, but I don't want to go through what I went through 20 minutes ago.
Thanks for all of your help, by the way, I appreciate it.

Got any suggestions for the things I'm looking for? Or how to install a theme and/or a kernel? Do you just download the file and rename it "update.zip" and run it.....or will that overwrite the ROM that's on there? See, I have no idea what's going on, but I'm learning quick.

OP
N

Nismo90tt

Reaction score
And to be honest, I don't really see what the huge deal is with a ROM so far, apart from allowing you to overclock and install a theme, what other advantages are there?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you use RM you can download a theme very easily. Just make sure you use a theme that is compatible with your rom.

You may want to check out App Organizer It is a free app that allows you to access similar apps with one icon.

I have an early morning tomorrow so I'm logging off. I'll be around tomorrow if you need help. At this point, perhaps a quick phone call would be beneficial.

Mike