Hello, Roms, Themes, and Cant find Service!!

pikafrogbro

Reaction score
Hello, I am not really per say new here as i have never signed up for this site before, but i have been visiting here from time to time for a while. Anyways, I have an Lg Vortex with Version 2.2 on it and i want to know if you guys could please point me in the right direction to find a few roms and themes that will work with my Vortex. I am on verizon and my phone is rooted if that helps. Also, now for some reason my phone cant find sevice (aka it says "searching for service".) So, yeah :icon_eek: Please help me/tell me why my phone is acting this way if you can and thanks for taking the time to read this block of text!

Last edited:

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
When was the last time you dialed *228? That is the over the air (ota) programming for new Verizon towers. Its to update roaming capabilities. Try that and see if it works. Do both option 1 & 2.

For themes check in the themes forums. You can also look through the individual phone forums to see if the vortex is listed there. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
P

pikafrogbro

Reaction score
It says call unsuccessful! What should I do?!?!?!

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

OP
P

pikafrogbro

Reaction score
Okay I'm sorry it actually said programing unsuccessful call customer service. What is the number for customer service though? Please answer ASAP!

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Okay I'm sorry it actually said programing unsuccessful call customer service. What is the number for customer service though? Please answer ASAP!

611 from cell or 800 922 0204 from landline..

OP
P

pikafrogbro

Reaction score
I don't have a landline because I wanted to save money

shmoo

Reaction score
Sounds like you're going to need to either borrow a phone to call with or hit up a pay phone lol. As for themes and ROMS I would say try looking over at XDA. They do a lot of hacking for a whole lot of phones

OP
P

pikafrogbro

Reaction score
Okay wtf now it works after I basically dropped it, also what OS xda or whatever you said

shmoo

Reaction score
You beat me to it guidot! Glad to hear that you have service again. And yeah xda-developers.com They do some awesome work over there...you can also find their app in the market I believe

OP
P

pikafrogbro

Reaction score
oh cool! thank you guys for helping out! i just dont understand what dropping a phone would have to do with service, i would think it wouldnt do anything much less fix the problem! anyways i will look over at xda by the way what does their app do, and (lol more questions) how do you edit existing themes or crate your own theme, i mean i cant figure out how to crack open those apk files to edit the way the phone looks:icon_ banana:dancedroid

shmoo

Reaction score
Their app is like the DroidForums.net app It just let's you browse the forum without having to be in your browser

wethecom

Reaction score
oh cool! thank you guys for helping out! i just dont understand what dropping a phone would have to do with service, i would think it wouldnt do anything much less fix the problem! anyways i will look over at xda by the way what does their app do, and (lol more questions) how do you edit existing themes or crate your own theme, i mean i cant figure out how to crack open those apk files to edit the way the phone looks:icon_ banana:dancedroid
to open apk files rename them to zip and unpak them
but dont tell anyone i told you so j/k good luck i havent modified anything in one yet