Hello. Question about Apps... :)

Socratatus

Reaction score
Hello there. New member here.
dancedroid
I`m pretty new to the android type mobiles and have just bought an S2. My older phone was a Viewty (yes, old, but still good). Now one gimmick I liked about the Viewty was the ability to set up start-up and shut-down custom sounds on it. The S2 has none of this capability. I`ve searched around looking for an App that can do this for the Galaxy S2. There are a lot of apps on the Android market but none of them seem to do what I`m asking.

So does anyone know of an App that allows you to set up start-up and shutdown custom sounds App for the S2?

Thanks in advance.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In order to add any start up sound I believe (I may be mistaken) you need root. And the sound would be part of the bootanimation. Shutdown sound? Not sure if its even possible.

OP
S

Socratatus

Reaction score
In order to add any start up sound I believe (I may be mistaken) you need root. And the sound would be part of the bootanimation. Shutdown sound? Not sure if its even possible.

Root? i`ve heard of this `root`. Well, I`ll look deeper into this, a startup would be good enough, I guess. Thanks for the help and quick reply.

bryan.teeples

Reaction score
Just remember while your looking around to read some of peoples bad experiences with rooting too. Not saying root is bad but you do open yourself up to bricking your phone if you aren't careful. Fortunately the smart guys and gals on this forum seem to be able to help most people fix stuff. Just not sure I'd root for the sole purpose of installing a boot animation, how often are you really rebooting your phone anyway.

Sent from 1976 utilizing 1.21 a gigawatt connection. Yes, bionics were around then, they were still just working things out.

doifer

Reaction score
How about install a nice widget to manipulate this functionality rather than totally root it? Yep, looked around but didn't find anything close. Hope deve.s can help.

OP
S

Socratatus

Reaction score
how often are you really rebooting your phone anyway.

Quite a few times actually...
1. when I`m powering up the battery (it powers faster when off).
2. And for the work I do. A few times the mobile must go off.

OP
S

Socratatus

Reaction score
How about install a nice widget to manipulate this functionality rather than totally root it? Yep, looked around but didn't find anything close. Hope deve.s can help.

This would be nice.

I have a Mechwarrior Startup and Shut down which was perfect on the old phone. Funny how some good stuff gets totally dropped with the next phone that comes out.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apples and oranges. If you need root for something a widget isn't a substitute for root.