Hello New guy.

Wolvee

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Wolvee. I have an up to date Droid 1 w/ 2.2.1 and I'm looking to root the phone and put on a custom Rom; Which is why I signed up here to search for a good tutorial, find out what a good rom is then hopefully pass along the info to others like me.

I found the site by google'ng and have found some good info so far. If you want, link any helpful threads that may help my knowledge search.

dancedroid

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Welcome!

Good links posted above. As far as "good ROMs" this is really up to your phone. I have found that every phone is unique in its own way ... while one person may say *insert ROM name here* is great, you may try it and get a completely different results.

Good luck, have fun and if you need anything it is here in the forum.

Oh, BTW, never doubt tp76 :)

Sent from my Full Android using DroidForums App

OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome and the links. I spent the better part of the night last night trying to walk myself through the "regardless of OS" with no luck. (Linux) I am getting the impression that the update to 2.2".1" is really what's halting the progress. I may have to wait a few weeks for someone much smarter than I to come up with a work around. I'll keep reading and hang out on the site. I've already found some outstanding info.

Great site.
:motdroidhoriz: