Hello my name is Frank and I'm an alcohol...er....I'm new to this Droid forum

frankiez

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I live in SW Florida on the Gulf coast. I work for Verizon (NOT Verizon wireless). I install FIOS for businesses and residential. I recently upgraded from a very basic Casio flip phone to a Moto Droid. I also upgraded my wifes phone to a BB Storm but that was ONLY because she is going to Germany for a month and insisted on a global phone so that she can call from there. After hearing what the "per minute" rates are I don't thinnk it will be worth it.

We both have Skype Mobile loaded on our phones but even to use them to call each other, I was told we would have to sign up for an international internet plan which is another $80 just for a month. NO WAY!

Both my Droid and her BB have an internet plan which is $30/month for each phone. I have a question: if I am listening to pandora on my phone, am I paying any kind of per minute fee or does my $30/month internet plan cover that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I live in SW Florida on the Gulf coast. I work for Verizon (NOT Verizon wireless). I install FIOS for businesses and residential. I recently upgraded from a very basic Casio flip phone to a Moto Droid. I also upgraded my wifes phone to a BB Storm but that was ONLY because she is going to Germany for a month and insisted on a global phone so that she can call from there. After hearing what the "per minute" rates are I don't thinnk it will be worth it.

We both have Skype Mobile loaded on our phones but even to use them to call each other, I was told we would have to sign up for an international internet plan which is another $80 just for a month. NO WAY!

Both my Droid and her BB have an internet plan which is $30/month for each phone. I have a question: if I am listening to pandora on my phone, am I paying any kind of per minute fee or does my $30/month internet plan cover that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank and :welcome: to the Droid Forum. What a shame your wife is stuck with a piece of garbage like the Blackberry Storm. Oh well...

It's really not that bad of a phone unless you already have the Droid. Maybe she will be back before your 30 days are used up and she can exchange for a Droid?

Enjoy the music, your 30.00 charge is for unlimited data, which means you can listen until your heart is content. :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome aboard Frank......

I see hook answered your questions. Enjoy your stay and the forums.

OP
frankiez

frankiez

Reaction score
hook, I did it today....I went and swapped out my wife's BB for another moto droid. I'm sure she is gonna be happy with it.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome Frank. There's much to learn, and it all can be found here/

jossecarr

Reaction score
hi welcome,

Prepaid Calling card offers a cheaper rate. Very cost effective to use when calling abroad.