Hello from South Dakota!

Phoenix59

Reaction score
Hello, all. New Droid user here; I have had my Motorola Droid Pro for about a month and my wife got a Samsung Charge at about the same time.

Looking forward to learning all kinds of cool "stuff" about these phones and the Droid OS.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hello from California!

Welcome to the board, nice AV btw. How are you liking your phone so far? How's your wife liking the Charge?

OP
Phoenix59

Phoenix59

Reaction score
We both love her Charge (LOL!). Had I seen it first, I probably would have finagled a way to get one (I got the $50 refurbed DP, she got the $300 Charge, I'm sure I'm not alone in that scenario).

I like my Pro all right, though; today I am having problems with the web browser suddenly deciding to crash every time I start it. Trying to download Firefox or Opera but my Market downloads are being excruciatingly slow, which I see other people have commented on having the same problem.

Tried to clear cache in the browser, but it won't run long enough for me to even get into that menu. Any suggestions?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!

Have you tried downloading them over wifi? Sometimes when I have tried the other suggestions I will reboot my phone and see if that makes a difference or helps the download speeds.

OP
Phoenix59

Phoenix59

Reaction score
Welcome to DF!

Have you tried downloading them over wifi? Sometimes when I have tried the other suggestions I will reboot my phone and see if that makes a difference or helps the download speeds.

Actually, 99% of my data usage *is* over wifi. The three places that I spend the majority of my time all have wifi, and the 3G coverage here positively sucks.

I finally got Firefox installed and deleted the standard browser icon, and put Firefox in its place, so that's taken care of, but it's annoying to think of continuing to have poky downloads in the future.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

oDECREEx

Reaction score
Hello from south dakota too! Where ya from? Rapid City right here.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums