Hello from Indiana

TomN

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I found the forums while I was researching the Motorola Droid and thought I'd register and say hello. I currently have an iPhone and am trying to decide if the Droid will replace it. Looking forward to reading the rest of the posts here and making a decision!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
!!! Welcome to the Droid-Side TomN !!!!

I am sure you will find all the information you could ever want here at DroidForums ! Look around, feel free to ask questions. I am sure somebody here will have an answer for you.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome Tom...you will find this forum to be filled with a lot of great info and some good people. Enjoy......

OP
TomN

TomN

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys! I am still wading through all the information on the site and compiling a pro/con checklist at the moment. I LOVE the customization of the Droid, but I love being able to sync with iTunes on the iPhone. I have the iPhone jailbroken which is feeding my customization fix, but that's only a bandaid at the moment.

Last edited:
OP
TomN

TomN

Reaction score
I guess I could mention the phones that I've used in the past, starting with the Cingular 8125, AT&T 8525, Tilt, various Blackberries, AT&T Fuze and currently the iPhone 3gs. I recently moved and the coverage here isn't that great.... no 3g, so Verizon is looking much more attractive for that alone.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Tom the iPhone is a great phone. It's going to come down to personal preference on this one. You really cannot go wrong with either device but I can tell you that VZW is a GREAT network. Couple that with a great device in the Droid and you have a winner.

Take your time weigh the pro's and con's of each device and then go for it. I honestly believe if you decide to leave the iPhone you won't regret it.

Your in a win win situation right now. not a bad place to be : )

OP
TomN

TomN

Reaction score
Well yes and no..... I'll be breaking my AT&T contract to go to Verizon, however, I can sell the iPhone for around $500 which will pay for the Droid and the early termination fee. I guess it comes down to a simple issue with preference. Will I LIKE the Droid better than the iPhone? Guess I'll need to get one to find out.