hello from Central California

HiTechRedNeck73

Reaction score
My name is Dave, I've been a computer tech since PC JRs / Model 30s, and this is my first "real" smartphone. I been a junky of the iPAQs and finally put down my H5550 for the motorola droid just a couple of months ago. now, I'm making plans to develop a few apps. some background... I'm still running XP and Vista on my desktops, ubuntu and android on my netbook, making an android build for my H5550, and my droid.

well, expect good things from me... dancedroid

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum Dave. What kind of apps are you developing?

OP
H

HiTechRedNeck73

Reaction score

right now, I'm toying with a few ideas. but I'm open to suggestions. I'm not looking to say a whole lot until the copyrights are in place. but you guys will be one of the first to know...

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
You should develop an app in which you can issue a slap to folks via the cam. lol. I wish I could juggle code well enough to write it myself. Welcome aboard, I'm in Hanford, what part o the desert you in?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

HiTechRedNeck73

Reaction score
You should develop an app in which you can issue a slap to folks via the cam. lol. I wish I could juggle code well enough to write it myself. Welcome aboard, I'm in Hanford, what part o the desert you in?

I must admit, that does sound amusing... so how would you want that? take a pic of the person, then add a slap, and email or mms it to them? lol, its good... lol

I'm in Visalia. howdy neighbor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

right now, I'm toying with a few ideas. but I'm open to suggestions. I'm not looking to say a whole lot until the copyrights are in place. but you guys will be one of the first to know...

Great! I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Good luck! :D

Bullitt6996

Reaction score

I must admit, that does sound amusing... so how would you want that? take a pic of the person, then add a slap, and email or mms it to them? lol, its good... lol

Howdy back! So if you have a D1, there is a way to get the Froyo without rooting. .. I did it tonight, love it, no problems. I found it on Droidlife, but if you google it, you'll find it with detailed OTA and PC Instructions. dancedroid:greendroid:

OP
H

HiTechRedNeck73

Reaction score

Howdy back! So if you have a D1, there is a way to get the Froyo without rooting. .. I did it tonight, love it, no problems. I found it on Droidlife, but if you google it, you'll find it with detailed OTA and PC Instructions. dancedroid:greendroid:

thanks for the heads up about froyo... I actually installed it tonight as well. the install was text-book, but it didn't reset the phone to factory as expected. my contacts and all installed programs were intact. 1st impression is good. I like that they added more desktops to utilize, but I miss the slide up bar for apps... that was growing on me. I don't seem to be getting all that others have said as far as performance. maybe because of my apps not being blown away... I may reset to factory and reinstall everything. just one click to install from appbrain, so it couldn't hurt...