Hello everyone! New to the whole droid scene.

Sevron

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of a android phone, lg revolution is what I have. Just wanted to say hi and had a quick question on rooting my phone.

I've seen an easy method to root, but is there an easy way to go back to stock in case I need to swap out the phone, etc for whatever reason. Can my carrier tell I've rooted my phone or is it something that I would actually need to flat out tell them I've rooted it for them to know? Also, is there a way to backup my current phone the way it is, unrooted with all my apps, contacts, etc there in case something goes wrong and I need to restore from that backup?

Thanks and there looks like a TON of customization options for rooted phones.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Doing this mobile so I'll answer as best I can without being able to see your post.
1) you can restore your phone back to stock by running an SBF which you can read about here and other forums and find videos on youtube.
2) Your carrier can see that you're rooted only if you have issues and end up having to return your phone, etc, in store or send it back to them.
3) if you want to back up everything use backup assistant provided on the phone and set up google back up settings in the phone account management tool. Once you root you can use Titanium Backup to save and restore all your apps including any not on the market. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
So if I do root my phone and have to for whatever reason take it to my carrier, it'd be best to restore it first and then take it in.

I just wonder if I actually need to root my phone though. It does seem sluggish which I assume is because of all the apps I have no need for being there, but don't know for sure. Does Titanium Backup let you delete apps or freeze em, whatever it's called to free up RAM and all that or no?

OP
S

Sevron

Reaction score
Got the phone rooted perfectly, now what lol. I'm like uh, what do I do now lol.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Now that it's rooted, I look up some stuff to find roms and/or themes for your phone now. Or any other mods the Revolution may have. Not to familiar with that phone, though.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to Df's!! Thanks for introducing yourself. Have fun on the forums!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums!! And now that you are rooted welcome to the Dark Side too, just kidding lol.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got the phone rooted perfectly, now what lol. I'm like uh, what do I do now lol.

I'm not sure if it works on your phone, but if you have any problems with your homescreens being laggy or your app drawer sticking you might want to check out V6 supercharger. It basically keeps the phone from force closing certain items unless they are really using a ton of resources and will make the phone much smoother. Other than that you might want to check out Widget Locker if you'd like to mess around with your homescreen. Scan your section of the forums, there may be other things you want to implement. Enjoy.