Hello Everyone! Im new

MsNici

Reaction score
My name is Nici and I have a rooted motorola droid A855! I switched from the droid eris about a month ago. I love Droid phones!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Nici. Enjoy your stay and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

tappin and a talkin

DoctorPDR

Reaction score
Question...

My name is Nici and I have a rooted motorola droid A855! I switched from the droid eris about a month ago. I love Droid phones!

What does rooted mean (I have heard of this often), and why would you do this? Can someone explain this to me in layman terms?

When I had my Windows Mobile phone(s) we used to get into the actual phone directory to change things around (hacks that people crafted) which allowed us to improve operation. Is this the same thing?

Last edited:
OP
M

MsNici

Reaction score
Thank umyou for the welcome. My phone had to be flashed since Im not On Verizon's network. I dont have the slightest idea what that means. But, the guy that flashed it told me to becareful because its rooted

vstarx

Reaction score
Root: Common word associated with giving a user "super user" access to their phones programming and other various asspects that would normaly not be possible, also known as "Jailbroken" for iPhone's

taken from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html

also check out 1. SBF To Root/Unroot | 2. Everything Root | 3. Root With Any OS | 4. Overclocking 101 | 5. Learning the Lingo | 6. Post -Root | 7. Task Killers | 8.Anything Else? | 9. ADB | 10. RSDlite

:icon_ banana:
taken from abe21599 signature

DoctorPDR

Reaction score
Appreciate it

Root: Common word associated with giving a user "super user" access to their phones programming and other various asspects that would normaly not be possible, also known as "Jailbroken" for iPhone's

taken from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html

also check out 1. SBF To Root/Unroot | 2. Everything Root | 3. Root With Any OS | 4. Overclocking 101 | 5. Learning the Lingo | 6. Post -Root | 7. Task Killers | 8.Anything Else? | 9. ADB | 10. RSDlite

:icon_ banana:

taken from abe21599 signature

Thanks for the info.

vstarx

Reaction score
glad to help alot of people helped me when i started glad i can pass on some stuff i learned