Hello droid forums :)

adamschuetze

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy S2
Hi all

I discovered your forums because I'm looking into putting custom ROMs on a Droid Pro.

I use a BlackBerry 9900 right now, but I want to try an Android device, but I'm not interested in a touch keyboard. After some searching, it looks like the Droid Pro is one of my possible options. If there are other keyboard Android phones out there that anybody might recommend, I welcome any information.

My wife has a Galaxy S2 that I've been putting custom ROMs on for a while (I put Helly Bean on it last night, super slick ROM), and after seeing how awesome custom ROMs are, I just can't imagine living with the stock Moto skinned Android on the Droid Pro, which brings me to your forum. I've found a lot of relevant threads already, and I thought I'd register because chances are, I'm going to have questions :)

Anyway, great forum, you all have a ton of extremely knowledgeable people on board.

-Adam

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the DROID forums :)

I too was a blackberry user.. lots of us are.. :)

Thanx for choosing our forum :) glad to have you here. :thumbup:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for joining and the compliments.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum Adam!

coconutt

Reaction score
Welcome aboard future Droid Pro user! I just got my Droid Pro a month ago and I'm loving it. Though as you can probably see, I'm trying to get mine rooted as well, as I'm coming from an OG Droid (D1).

I will say, that if the phone has the newest OTA for it, it is unrootable to this day. At least from what I researched.

OP
adamschuetze

adamschuetze

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy S2
Welcome aboard future Droid Pro user! I just got my Droid Pro a month ago and I'm loving it. Though as you can probably see, I'm trying to get mine rooted as well, as I'm coming from an OG Droid (D1).

I will say, that if the phone has the newest OTA for it, it is unrootable to this day. At least from what I researched.

I haven't bought one yet. I'm in the research phase, trying to find out what the ROM options are, and find out if it even works on my network (Bell in Canada) before I plunk down some money for one.

I've read quite a few threads so far, and I'm still learning the lingo. But I thought I read that you can go back to an earlier version, even if you did the OTA update? I am probably wrong, but I could swear that's what I read. Still in rather over my head. So much to learn!

I put Helly Bean on my wife's GS2, and that was super easy. CWM installation was a snap, installing any ROM is like 5 minutes. Droid Pro however, is a bit more of a challenge, to say the last :)

coconutt

Reaction score
Yeah if you click my sig, you can see that I tried to install a previous update while my phone has the newest OTA but it fails.

I really miss having root access as I did on my OG Droid.

emoge

Reaction score
I just would just like to say first off welcome... And keep in mind rooting your phone voids your warranty with the manufacturer... I've seen it happen time and time again working for cell phone carriers in the united states. While rooting may seem like a great idea at the time you do it even if you hard reset the phone the manufacturer can still see the signature where the operating system was modified and if they do and they replace it you'll be charged full MSRP for the replacement phone.