Hello and help needed please

mmart99999

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to droid forum, just needed help on some problems I've been having. Recently I updated to froyo, since then I've been having a few problems, I can no longer install apps from unknown sources, I always get a message that says my phone does not support the content when I had no problems before. I tried to boot into recovery to install an update.zip because I was afriad I lost root access, but I can't do that either it just turns on like it regularly does even though I'm holding x and the power key. I've also tried to try the different froyo roms thats are out, but I also can not download any, the phone reboots but never changes roms? Please help, I have no idea what to do. Thanks!

Michele

warrior21

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If you go into Rom manager and flash back and forth between sprecovery and clockwork once or twice it should fix the recovery problem. I had this issue also using clockwork and I just flashed to sprecovery and then back to clockwork and it worked fine after that. I'm not sure about the unknown source issue. As long as I have the box checked off in the settings it hasn't been a problem. Did you check off the box under settings>applications?

OP
M

mmart99999

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the suggestion. I am able to load new roms now, but unfortunately still not able to download from unknown sources. I do have the box checked so its weird?