Hello all

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
BTW, the patch is dated 2013 and I'm not sure it is necessary.

OP
V

Vooks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC DESIRE 612
BTW, the patch is dated 2013 and I'm not sure it is necessary.
I will do that later on as I don't have a memory card with me right now

Will keep you posted. Thank you

OP
V

Vooks

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC DESIRE 612
Hi Jeffery,
I got a memory card and saved the patch to it. Am stuck with installation instructions

How to install:
- Copy the .zip file to the external memory or memory card
- Reboot your phone and enter on your custom recovery
- From the Install menu select the .zip file and instal withotut signature verification on your Rom

What does 'enter on your custom recovery' mean?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Okay, I believe custom recovery is referring to going into system recovery. Not being familiar with your phone I can't be 100% sure how you would go into system recovery. When your phone was rooted you would have had to go into system recovery. For many phones it involves shutting your phone down, then pushing and holding down a combination of buttons. For the HTC desire you can try holding your volume down button, then pressing your power button. You then would see a menu with various choices.

Just a warning, going into system recovery it is possible to ruin your phone if you choose the wrong menu choices or install the wrong .zip files. Be very careful before you proceed. If you're not sure, then it is safer to not do.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have been researching activating a verizon phone using a foreign sim card. This is an old thread when global phones first entered the scene but the solutions in here may be what you need. Look at this thread, International travel with Razr Maxx Page 2 Android Forum at DroidForums.net . Start at post #26. Also you can try a search for "global" on here and you may find useful info.