Hello all

Disciple

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Al, I live in Michigan not by choice would rather be in Texas. I have been a cell phone user since I bought my first motorola triangle looking flip phone......LOL. I have had my Droid X a few months and still trying to figure out all the stuff it can do.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! well the DX is a great device. have u rooted, done any customization yet? hope u find the community very useful to ur needs

Aloha from Hawaii...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Welcome! Make sure to look around the DX subforum, there's alot of good information in there. Make sure to do some research before you do things with you phone and don't hesitate to ask questions, someone will try to answer.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

OP
D

Disciple

Reaction score
No I haven't done anything yet. Still a stock phone but would love to do some stuff. I am a little hesitant about rooting not sure wat its all about. I wouldlove some advice about some things I can do though.

Canadroid

Reaction score
No I haven't done anything yet. Still a stock phone but would love to do some stuff. I am a little hesitant about rooting not sure wat its all about. I wouldlove some advice about some things I can do though.

It is good you are not cavalier about rooting as some are right off the bat--read up on the pros and cons of it, make sure you have a recovery plan or option before you hit up one of the easy-root solutions.

The great appeal to me about Android is being able to do so much customization right out of the box--if you want to take it to the next level with some additional user permissions and tweaking, just be sure you understand there are some risks. Don't be afraid to ask questions in your sub forums; we'd rather that than you brick your new Dx and have to come back later singin the blues! :pint: