Hello All

DMD9705

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everybody. I just got my Droid and loving it so far.
I live in NY now, but plan on moving south.
There is a lot of great information here, and I hope to learn more about this cool phone.
DMD

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum. Glad you were able to find us. We are here to help and learn from each other, let us know if we can help you if you can't find it on your own. :)

macAddict23

Reaction score
I'm new here, and I'm looming to know more about my phone, and gain some knowledge about the Droid OS. If anyone could help me spice this device up, please help me out. All help is appreciated.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

macAddict23

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I would like to know when going to sites where you can upload a resume (.doc file), if there's a way to get it uploaded from the SD card? Also, how can I improve the speed?

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well im not too sure on the resume unless you save it as a .rtf file (rich text format). Go to save as and the change the save type. If you are looking to speed up the processor you should look into rooting and the get an app like Set CPU and the you can increase the speed

macAddict23

Reaction score
Well im not too sure on the resume unless you save it as a .rtf file (rich text format). Go to save as and the change the save type. If you are looking to speed up the processor you should look into rooting and the get an app like Set CPU and the you can increase the speed

I didn't think to do an rtf file, but the real issue for me is how to go to the directory that I want to upload from. With the files that I have on my SD card if I want to share them on a site or in my most recent case upload a resume, it is not allowing me to go to the direct file location of through file. Just as if I was doing it on my computer. Is it possible to do this or am I looking for more capabilities that the phone is not able to perform?

If I root the phone will that void the warranty, and will I be able to go back to the factory setup? I'm a computer geek not a phone geek lol. The help is appreciated.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting does void the warranty but you can also reverse all the actions and have a stock android again if you need it to be. as far as uploading i can say that on my D2 I switch it to USB mass storage mode once it is plugged in, then go to the site or folder I wish to upload in, click upload, click the rop box to select the drive you wish to upload off of, then click the removable disk drive (mine usually shows as "removable disk [H:]"), then select the file on the drive you wish to upload, and then proceed to upload the file.

Check out the Dinc. hacks section. Ill post the link below. It has threads on how to root and unroot the Dinc.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-hacks/

Last edited:

dc2250

Reaction score
I personally downloaded Office then downloaded FilesAnywhere. Then I can pull any file including my resume onto FilesAnywhere and share by email or fax from my phone.

Sent from my Droid

LoneWolffe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola FlipSide MB508
Twitter
@LoneWolffe
Hello all! Just a quick note to introduce myself. Freelance Writer, Father, Husband, Volunteer. US citizen currently located in Peru.

Looking for help with a Droid 3 XT862 that I just shipped from the US to use on Movistar network with a SIM. Also, a Motorola FlipSide MB508 that I can't seem to bypass Motoblur for my wife, because her old one broke, but that's a different forum, I'm guessing.

Also, "Search" doesn't work on the site for me. Latest Chrome on Win 7 x64 Pro

"There is no such thing as a foolproof system. Someone will make a better fool, tomorrow." @LoneWolffe

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Welcome. I'm not sure that I'll be much help either with the Moto blur bypass getting your D3 talking but there are others here who can take a stab at it.

Could you describe for us what symptoms you're experiencing with our search?

LoneWolffe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola FlipSide MB508
Twitter
@LoneWolffe
Welcome. I'm not sure that I'll be much help either with the Moto blur bypass getting your D3 talking but there are others here who can take a stab at it.

Could you describe for us what symptoms you're experiencing with our search?
Hey FoxKat, thanks for getting back to me. As far as the search function goes, I attempted to search for "motorola droid 3" (without the quotes) and comes up with what you see in the screenshot I attached. I have tried various keywords, as well as disabling AdBlockPro and clearing caches, but no dice.

Attachments

• SS.1413473457.jpg
    SS.1413473457.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 177