Hdmi

HarleyG33k

Reaction score
I have also read that the NFL Mobile app blocks use of the hdmi port (the application is built that way). Lame :angry:

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
I can't speak for the HBO app, but the NFL one is blocked. You can't even watch it on the lapdock.

HDMI out will not work, and it's not a bug, it's fully intentional.

rjcapp

Reaction score
That bites that they're blocking us...

It's only useful to me when I'm on the road anyway...

I need to log into my x finity account and see if I can stream some of the shows from there...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
my guess is somewhere in the legal notice of this app it mentions this. i know networks like hbo and nfl have copywrite laws on their programming. years ago people with vcrs werent able to record some shows to vhs tape. when they would tape it and view it, the program would be scrambled. because you were allowed to "watch it" but you werent allowed to "own" it.. I know the NFL doesnt allow for their broadcast to be shown in bars Unless you have contract with them through your local cable or sate company. this might have something to do with "stopping" you from broadcasting their program on a big screen tv..?

473x15

Reaction score
Any one know the best or a good app for hdmi...i want to see youtube, netflix etc on my hd tv.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

annafaye

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is at all possible to connect the hdmi to my laptop (hp) and if so how?:blink:
not to a tv and not to just a monitor

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Nope, because the HDMI port on your laptop is an output (for extending your laptop to another monitor), and does not work as an input.

EDIT: I just did a quick search and apparently there are laptops with HDMI inputs, but they are rare, and I am assuming you don't have one (otherwise you would probably be well aware of this and make it known).

annafaye

Reaction score
i have 13 different slots on my laptop......only know the power one head phones and usb ones thats it

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can almost assure you that it's an HDMI output, so unfortunately, you won't be able to mirror your Razr onto the laptop screen. However, just for kicks, it's always nice to extend the laptop onto a larger screen, or give yourself a second monitor to work with. If you have an HDMI cable and and HDTV or LED/LCD monitor, you should play around with it a little bit. I can tell you from personal experience, once you get used to working with multiple monitors, it becomes very difficult to be productive with just one.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
WAY cool mirroring out my Razr to the HD TV. My daughter had a blast with the camera during also.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums