hdmi to rca

Parzec

Reaction score
I don't know about that item, but motorola has a VGA adapter that I think also allows you to use webtop. I've always wondered if this might also be a workaround forHBO go as well since it is not actually outputting the HDMI signalto the TV and may not activate the HDMI flag. Anybody tried this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR maxx from Droid Forums

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
In case anyone is curious, I purchased this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0047PDBP0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us, and the picture from netflix comes out nicely on an older tube tv. I was pretty impressed. I am going to get a adapter for my wife's iPhone 4s and see how that comes out.

One question, can running netflix on your phone often while charging have any negative effects on the life of the battery or phone? I'm talking about a couple hours 4 times a week. Maybe our new super moderator will stumble upon this and have some info.

xtor

Reaction score
Bang Pow Boom said:
In case anyone is curious, I purchased this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0047PDBP0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us, and the picture from netflix comes out nicely on an older tube tv. I was pretty impressed. I am going to get a adapter for my wife's iPhone 4s and see how that comes out.

One question, can running netflix on your phone often while charging have any negative effects on the life of the battery or phone? I'm talking about a couple hours 4 times a week. Maybe our new super moderator will stumble upon this and have some info.

I run netflix every day through foxfi on my tv(internet tv) works fine, no batt problems, I've watched a season of star gate non stop with no problems, phone was hooked to charger, and it charged while watching, it does it up alot a data

sunnysid

Reaction score
In case anyone is curious, I purchased this Amazon, and the picture from netflix comes out nicely on an older tube tv. I was pretty impressed. I am going to get a adapter for my wife's iPhone 4s and see how that comes out.

I would like to do this too. Watch Youtube from a Droid x2 via HDMI output to RCA video input on an ancient tube-TV. The above-given link is dead and, frustratingly, the specific name of the product was never mentioned. My personal Amazon searches turn up cables with customer ratings in the range of ~3648 1-stars for every 2 5-stars because they do not work (citing digital to analog conversion, etc).

Does anyone know what was used here?

And no.. I will not throw out my perfectly functional tube type TV in favor of a new flat screen on grounds that, "it's liek.. 2013," or some similar argument. The fact that it's 2013 just means that there are liek [sic].. a billion more tube TV's - some probably working just fine - sitting in landfills than there were in 2012. I'll use it until it stops functioning. Whether I can watch Youtube on or not it is a matter of this thread... Thanks

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I would like to do this too. Watch Youtube from a Droid x2 via HDMI output to RCA video input on an ancient tube-TV. The above-given link is dead and, frustratingly, the specific name of the product was never mentioned. My personal Amazon searches turn up cables with customer ratings in the range of ~3648 1-stars for every 2 5-stars because they do not work (citing digital to analog conversion, etc).

Does anyone know what was used here?

And no.. I will not throw out my perfectly functional tube type TV in favor of a new flat screen on grounds that, "it's liek.. 2013," or some similar argument. The fact that it's 2013 just means that there are liek [sic].. a billion more tube TV's - some probably working just fine - sitting in landfills than there were in 2012. I'll use it until it stops functioning. Whether I can watch Youtube on or not it is a matter of this thread... Thanks

This looks comparable to what I purchased.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AB8V1AE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1374445038&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

sunnysid

Reaction score
You are awesome. Thanks so much for the reply.
For posterity, the item for sale on Amazon is the C&E CNE62034 HDMI to Composite/S-Video Converter 3RCA CRT TV CVBS. $40 not bad :)