Hdmi out droid x

kregstrong

Reaction score
Hey what are sone of the practical uses for hdmi out on this phone? I mean it seems kind of pointless for me but anyone have any good ideas to use it for?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Blockbuster app will enable you to download movies to your device which in turn transfers over to watching it on your TV if you so choose.

alm0614

Reaction score
netflix app if it ever comes would be awesome with hdmi out

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can store your collection of movies on a SD card. With HDMI out, I can take a fairly decent sized catalog of movies and shows with me in my pocket. Visiting family or staying at a hotel, I will always be able to watch movies (as long as the tv has an HDMI port). That's one of the features that I am looking forward to the most.

Last edited:

hendrix

Reaction score
it has a DLNA app which means it can stream videos over your home network. Would be nice to display those to the TV.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
i believe the user guide stats that you can only play USER GENERATED content (e.g. pictures, videos) from the hdmi out. Thus, i dont think the X will let you play downloaded movies etc..

cypherx82

Reaction score
i believe the user guide stats that you can only play USER GENERATED content (e.g. pictures, videos) from the hdmi out. Thus, i dont think the X will let you play downloaded movies etc..

I downloaded Happy Gilmore today and was able to watch it fine on my X.

jtdiddy

Reaction score

sweet really? i hope you're right but there are some sort of limitations on the hdmi out however. there are a bunch of other threads about it

mjforte

Reaction score
I really wish the hdmi out would display everything on the phone. I have hdmi out on my laptop and it displays everything that is done on it. Too bad its not the same for phones. Any way to get this implemented I wonder?

Rindaen

Reaction score

But were you able to play it on th X through the HDMI and watch it on your TV? ( Not the X )

BCK

Reaction score
I rip my DVD, transfer to my SD card, i can play it on Droid X and HDMI out to TV no problem. The movies look great on the TV.

Anything that is in the Galery, playback no issue through HDMI. Now, I need to find the right setting for the conversion, well that is another topic.

psand

Reaction score
I rip my DVD, transfer to my SD card, i can play it on Droid X and HDMI out to TV no problem. The movies look great on the TV.

Anything that is in the Galery, playback no issue through HDMI. Now, I need to find the right setting for the conversion, well that is another topic.

I haven't been able to do this? Did you put the movie in a particular folder? What format was the file? I had to download another player to watch an AVI file on the phone.

nwlake

Reaction score

I thought this process would work for movies one owns, but my understanding is that the Blockbuster downloads are not viewable through the HDMI out to TV. (I haven't bought X yet; I'm learning about all the bugs first from you all first - thanx!)