HD Pinball Beta

greencod

Reaction score
Hello,

We have been working hard on Pinball Deluxe for the last few months and it is almost ready to go. While it plays and looks great, we are doing a beta to get more first impressions and find possible bugs.

The beta for the game requires Android 2.1, a multi-touch screen and 480x600 or better resolution. In fact, it supports up to 600x1024 so it takes full advantage of the screen, if you want to try it there. There are 3 tables and all the traditional pinball fixings.

I've included a scaled down screenshot at the bottom of the post to give you an idea of what the game looks like. If you want more information or screenshots, head over to http://www.pinballdeluxe.com. To download the apk directly, try http://www.pinballdeluxe.com/storage/Pinball2.apk. We would love to hear about your impressions of the game.

forum_screenshot_smaller.png

DrSarcasmo

Reaction score
Very nicely done! I really like the graphics, very appealing. Sound is fine, nothing spectacular but nice. The physics are well done and I like the vibration effects. I can actually get the ball to where I want it with a little practice. Ran great on my Droid X.

OP
G

greencod

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make a note about the sounds.

holmes6

Reaction score
thanks for posting this :)

My notes/criticism:

1. using the search button for right flipper fails due to search starting when button is held (can you disable all preset functions for that button in app?)

2. would like at least one table where the entire thing fits on one screen (no scrolling).

3. ball movement could be smoother on my d2, not terrible though

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Very nice! Just played it on my galaxy tab and it scaled very nicely.

A few notes:
-could be a little smoother ball motion
-buttons are a little small at least on the tab

Well done though!

OP
G

greencod

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. We'll have to disable more things with that search key.

thanks for posting this :)

My notes/criticism:

1. using the search button for right flipper fails due to search starting when button is held (can you disable all preset functions for that button in app?)

2. would like at least one table where the entire thing fits on one screen (no scrolling).

3. ball movement could be smoother on my d2, not terrible though

gloster

Reaction score
I keep accidentally hitting the back and search buttons on my Droid 1. I see your comments on disabling. Perhaps a better solution would be to allow users to invert the display. Then you could hold the phone upside down and play without the buttons interfering at all, yet the buttons could still function.

You also wouldn't have to worry about the variety of hardware and other apps that way.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Ball movement seems lagged on my galaxy tab, isn't very smooth. Looks like its running at a very low frame rate, but the menu is fine. Game looks great other wise, reminds me of the pinball game on old windows machines. Look forward to updates!

solar

Reaction score
I haven't played a lot of pinbal games, but this one seems pretty nice.

-I like the sound effects. They seem to fit well and aren't overbearing or too quiet
-I like the little minigame at the top on the space table
-The multiple options for control are nice. It might be nice to have more then just the "hard keys" keys on the end act as flipper controls. maybe both "hard keys" on the right for the right clipper and both on the left for the left flipper. I seem to just miss the sensor for one key sometimes. and I agree with the others that having the long press search key not bringing up voice search would be nice.
-The ball seems to move well on my D2, if a little fast. or rubbery? i'm not sure. the physics seem pretty good for the most part, but the ball seems just a tad bouncier then I would expect.BUt again, I haven't played all that much pinball, so maybe it is accurate.

So far I think its looking pretty good!

Droid 2, rooted, stock ROM, stock kernal, no overclock, w/ launcher pro

pauliewaulie

Reaction score
Thanks for and congrats on what i feel is the best pin-ball game on android yet....so far seems to run fine on my galaxy S 2.2 (my only gripe would be position of right flipped button, but nothing that not been said already). Keep up good work & look forward to more...... please.

Last edited:
OP
G

greencod

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who downloaded the beta application, your feedback has been really helpful. We did improve the performance quite a bit, so you can expect it to be really smooth when it comes out on the 27th.