HBO closing thingy???

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to rooting so please bare with me...I have the Liberty v2.0.1 rom & am loving it. But I saw a video of a rom on the DX where when you pressed the power button to lock your phone it closed out like the HBO channel thing...I was wondering if there is a way to add that on the Liberty rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mcp770

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ob4PN7s4WcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob4PN7s4WcY"]Nexus S Screen Off[/video] Is this what you mean? The Nexus S screen off animation? From what I understand it's only working with Gingerbread at the moment....and it's cool.

OP
zZvaNyaZz

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
Yes that's what I'm talking about...lol "HBO" thingy. There is no way to add that to liberty?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
That IS pretty awesome, I'd love to get it, too. Perhaps when the next Liberty comes out, featuring Gingerbread?

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
That is the closing animation from android 2.3... I believe any aosp rom will do this. We can't use aosp roms as our bootloader is locked so no kernel changes are possible but maybe they can add that in.

OP
zZvaNyaZz

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
I hope the guys at liberty figure out a way...I would love to have that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
zZvaNyaZz

zZvaNyaZz

Reaction score
It's ok, but not quite like the Nexus....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
From my understanding that is a 2.3.3 thing and no 2.2.1 can do it. I have that animation on my Droid 2....but I am running 2.3.3

jainer123

Reaction score
GB CRT animation in Liberty 2.0.1?

Has anyone tried to flash or push that CRT off animation that droid life posted about for GB on Liberty 2.0.1? Any success? I really liked that...

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt it as it says right there that it only works for rooted GB which is 2.3.3 and Liberty is only 2.2.1.....you could try it but you might brick your phone.....just a heads up.

jsin

Reaction score
You will brick and have to reload! Trust me I tried it when it first came out on both a D2 and a DX