Having trouble hearing through the "ear speaker"

John18

Reaction score
The volume through my speaker on my phone is really low. It just happened out of nowhere. I didnt do anything to it that i am aware of. I have to put my phone on speaker phone just to hear people.

I know this may sound like a stupid question but is the volume all the way up? To turn the voice volume up go into to settings and its there somewhere, the other way to do it is to keep pressing the volume up button while youre in a call. The easiest way to do it is to download audiomanager pro from the market, its free and allows you to control all of your volumes in one place.

Funny. I had the same problem yesterday...I pulled the battery with the phone on - to deliberately crash to OS - then restarted and that seems to have fixed the earpiece volume problem; for now.

LOW VOLUME in ear speaker durring calls

I've searched the web high and low for an answer to this issue: During calls, incoming or outgoing, the in ear speakers volume is so low its unusable. The speaker phone works fine, we're talking about the piece you hold to your ear. I've cleaned it, I've checked ALL the settings, I've done a manual reboot, I've taken the battery out while in use, I've done a factory reset, i've even had my ears checked and cleaned to prove it wasn't human error. I found a friend who had the same DROID 2 and compared call volume to find his was a lot louder. I brought it to Verizon and they sent me a "like new" one in the mail. The volume worked fine until about a week later, when the volume went quiet like my first phone. This is where I'm at now... I don't want to keep bringing my phone in to get a "new" one every week. It leads me to believe that I may be using an app that interferes with the phone programing? I don't root my phone or anything, but somebody has to have a better answer for us aside from "blown speaker" or "use a BT headset (this doesn't fix anything on the phone)". Somebody has to have an answer for why so many of these "expensive" phones keep failing

Same Issue

Lost my Droid 2 on St. Patrick's day, called Asurion.

Got a D2 replacement that was broken (refurbished junk). Called again, got a phone that was half R2-D2 version half Droid-2 (refurbished junk).

Called yet again, said I wanted a new phone, was offered a Droid 2 Global, got it today.

Ran one battery down, put in a second. Someone called me and I could BARELY hear them, like 1% of normal volume, clearly a bug. (Angry).

Called my voicemail to test, same hearing issue, sounded like the speaker was damaged.

Searched the web, saw that you can pull the battery to "reset" it, this seemed to fix the issue. However, since I use multiple batteries....this problem will RE-OCCUR every so-often on a battery pull.

Unacceptable. I use this phone for business and I'd rather have a broken beat up Droid 2 (refurbished) that has 100% reliable volume/sound in a call that a shiny new Droid 2 Global that might or might not work when an important business call or client comes in.

This issue seems to be widespread, and it is absolutely unacceptable. I am so sick of this run around with the insurance company I don't know what to do. Buy a blackberry?

(Firmware claims to be up-to-date when I try to force an update.)

Link below for similar complaints on VZW's message board, got some comments from Verizon Employees..., don't know if it's being followed, posted there to bump it:

Droid 2 Global - Cannot Hear Callers - Page 3 - Verizon Wireless Community

Maybe more posting there will get attention? I'll probably call Verizon tech support sometime this weekend to complain, might call Asurion again, ask for a blue-tooth or something I can use when I don't trust their speakers...not sure, kind of want my droid 2 back.

Back