Theme Developer
Reaction score
Pretty sure its a stock rom. But deodexed for theming/modifications

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
So does that mean it is Gingerbread without all the MotoBlur stuff?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JayR_

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ginger yes and most likely has blur.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
So its good to have as backup to restore phone to factory settings if anything goes wrong

jcutter347

Reaction score
So its good to have as backup to restore phone to factory settings if anything goes wrong

It does have everything the stock rom has, but you should do a backup before doing anything. Wipe cache and dalvik BEFORE doing backup. Something that was recommended on another site. I think someone has zipped a stock copy on this site though, just in case you deleted some bloat.

thefuzz

Reaction score
It Works!

I have installed "test build 2" and it seems to work great. Minor issue with some Motorola processes, but I have not yet nailed down which ones. Got a few error messages when I first installed related to com.moto.. something or other but did not seem to be an issue.

Here is what I did to install: Started with razbootstrap, to get into recovery, installed the alternate version "cwm on boot" available on drodrzr.com. Once in recovery, flashed the deodexed file without issue.
Seems to be working very well. It is in essence 100% stock. You will notice no difference whatsoever, at least I don't.
I do have a question however, now that I am deodexed, can I use ROM Toolbox to change the battery icon? I am thinking yes, but am a little bit worried. Can anyone advise?

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
I have installed "test build 2" and it seems to work great. Minor issue with some Motorola processes, but I have not yet nailed down which ones. Got a few error messages when I first installed related to com.moto.. something or other but did not seem to be an issue.

Here is what I did to install: Started with razbootstrap, to get into recovery, installed the alternate version "cwm on boot" available on drodrzr.com. Once in recovery, flashed the deodexed file without issue.
Seems to be working very well. It is in essence 100% stock. You will notice no difference whatsoever, at least I don't.
I do have a question however, now that I am deodexed, can I use ROM Toolbox to change the battery icon? I am thinking yes, but am a little bit worried. Can anyone advise?

I used this ICS theme and have an animated battery icon

[Theme] Bigdx Ics Theme - Odexed & De-Odexed Versions! - Experience Ice Cream Sandwich Early! - DroidRzr.com

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
Any issues with the theme? It looks really nice. I'm not brave enough to theme it without a full sbf.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have used this theme for a week now and haven't had any issues with it so far :D

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am sticking to just being rooted for now... no roms for me untill things are really in progress... Loving this phone.

shawn01

Reaction score
Try the safe strap. Then try theory new rom wicked fast.. I just don't like ics themes.

cdfjr1975

Reaction score
I understand ROMs bricking your phone but a theme can do that as well?

Root and flash noob so just trying to understand all the dangers.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sticking to just being rooted for now... no roms for me untill things are really in progress... Loving this phone.

+1 but I'm really getting nutty waiting. I'm used to flashing several times a day and sbfing when bored. Lol

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!