Hard reset to recover

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If I did a hard reset on the droid into recovery mode would this wipe out the OS update back to the original OS it came with ?

Anybody done a hard reset and what state is the phone in after ?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If I did a hard reset on the droid into recovery mode would this wipe out the OS update back to the original OS it came with ?

Anybody done a hard reset and what state is the phone in after ?

Just like OOTB.....

VanessaH

Reaction score
Ive tried to do a hard reset and i get stuck in the fastboot screen. If i hold down the volume down button isnt an android screen supposed to come up? I cant continue with the factory reset. Any help is appreciated.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I know this thread is fairly old, but just incase someone gets confused a factory reset erases all data, but doesn't undo OS updates. Undoing OS updates is only possible if you are rooted, or if you have the ability to flash a stock image file (like using RSDLite to flash an .sbf for Moto devices). Without root though your device will constantly pester you about an update available, perhaps even forcing it upon you as some updates aren't optional.

Ive tried to do a hard reset and i get stuck in the fastboot screen. If i hold down the volume down button isnt an android screen supposed to come up? I cant continue with the factory reset. Any help is appreciated.

I do not have a Razr, but according to my searches, you need to hold down both volume buttons as you power on the device.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/193290-stock-recovery.html

If you can get into the OS, there may be an option to factory reset within it. According to my HP Touchpad it is in Settings > Privacy . Moto could have definitely moved things around though.