Handcent

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are not using Handcent + Swype, you are doing it WRONG. ;)

msblueline

Reaction score
First, is Swype free?

Second, How come after I read my text messages the icon still shows in the icon task bar? the little square face that shows a txt message.

Thanks

msblueline

xanthus1132

Reaction score
The MMS problems have been fixed in the recent update.

Fir everyone else having problems.. just take like 10 minutes to look through your settings and read all of them, and understand what all of them do. Set it to be the exact way you want it, if it is doing something you do not like, i'm sure you can change it in there. Make sure to turn off notifications in the stock messaging app if you are going to be using Handcent's notifications.

msblueline

Reaction score
The MMS problems have been fixed in the recent update.

Fir everyone else having problems.. just take like 10 minutes to look through your settings and read all of them, and understand what all of them do. Set it to be the exact way you want it, if it is doing something you do not like, i'm sure you can change it in there. Make sure to turn off notifications in the stock messaging app if you are going to be using Handcent's notifications.

Now I feel really dumb... That was it, thanks.

This really is an awesome app.

msblueline

clunker

Reaction score
stubborn notification icon

Second, How come after I read my text messages the icon still shows in the icon task bar? the little square face that shows a txt message.

Are you reading the message in the popup window? There is a setting in the Handcent setting screen to mark read when closing the popup. Also, make sure the notification icon is the Handcent one, not from the stock app, to do that turn off the notification in the stock app as mentioned in a previous post.

msblueline

Reaction score
I just learned the hard way, so I thought I would just post my stupidity... LOL!!!

I set the signature using the setting key at the top right of the text message. That will only set it for THAT text message.

I thought by clicking on the settings/wrench icon upper right corner updated all the settings. I just realized different.

Wow! Look what happens when you play with your device... You actually learn stuff...

Luv the app.

msblueline

rkeller62

Reaction score
I think you set the signature for that contact not just that message. Handcent is very cool letting you customize for everyone or just for one contact.