Handcent question (storage)

pulgoki

Reaction score
First, Hello. I am new to the forum. I just got a new G2 and am learning how to use it.

Does handcent fully replace the text message service or is it more of an add on to the service?

I ask because in the default application I have it set to only store up to 200 messages and then start deleting. No need to continue to store that many I dont think.

Is there a way to do this in handcent? Can I fully disable the functionality of the default text application on the phone and rely on handcent 100%?

It is a very nice app! Great features.. almost too many for me. :D

JustisLewis

Reaction score
It piggybacks off of the stock MMS app. Having the stock messaging app set to delete messages will take care of it. I personally have mine set to never delete just because theres no memory worries

OP
pulgoki

pulgoki

Reaction score
Thanks! I wondered about that.

The settings get a little confusing when both apps run together and have some of the same settings.

I am used to a phone with limited memory so I am probably concerned over nothing. I dont worry so much about text as MMS. I store what I want on the phone but forget to delete the rest some times. It is easier if they just fall off on their own. :D