Handcent MMS wont download

whowouldanewman

Reaction score
I have a Droid Incredible with Handcent installed. In the last 2 days it all of a sudden wont download MMS messages. The download box appears, I click on it, and it gives me an error message in the notification window that says "Message not downloaded". I also received a group MMS message yesterday and it wouldn't open those as well.

I have searched around and found a couple suggestions, but none of them have worked so far. One said to press and hold the message and click save, but I do not get an option to save. I only receive options View Contact, View, Delete, Force delete, Add to privacy box and Blacklist.

I have tried to open the message in the stock message app and it also does not open.

I turned on the Auto retrieve setting and had a picture sent, and it also wouldn't open.

I am really at a loss here, not sure what changed that made this happen all of a sudden. However, I am really hoping someone might have a suggestion since I just had a baby and my wife is trying to send me pictures while I am at work and of course now is when it decides to break!

Thanks in advance.

OP
W

whowouldanewman

Reaction score
I have a Droid Incredible with Handcent installed. In the last 2 days it all of a sudden wont download MMS messages. The download box appears, I click on it, and it gives me an error message in the notification window that says "Message not downloaded". I also received a group MMS message yesterday and it wouldn't open those as well.

I have searched around and found a couple suggestions, but none of them have worked so far. One said to press and hold the message and click save, but I do not get an option to save. I only receive options View Contact, View, Delete, Force delete, Add to privacy box and Blacklist.

I have tried to open the message in the stock message app and it also does not open.

I turned on the Auto retrieve setting and had a picture sent, and it also wouldn't open.

I am really at a loss here, not sure what changed that made this happen all of a sudden. However, I am really hoping someone might have a suggestion since I just had a baby and my wife is trying to send me pictures while I am at work and of course now is when it decides to break!

Thanks in advance.

This has resolved itself. Still not sure what the problem was, but it is working now!