Handcent-how to add contacts

me4droid

Reaction score
Hello. Searched threads and couldn't find this answer. I am new to droid2 and handcent. I have set handcent as the default sms. I can modify contacts that have ALREADY sent me a text message on my new phone (by clicking on the icon at top right of screen in the text thread).

Is there any way to set handcent preferences for a contact that hasn't sent me a text yet? When I go to my contacts page, there is no handcent icon so no way to modify it using handcent. (I can't figure out how to open the contact using handcent in order to set the preferences for notification, etc).

Thanks.

rmart88

Reaction score
when you are in handcent, there is a button in the top left to start a new message. you can type in a contacts name there to text them, then proceed to change the settings as you would if they texted you.

Or you can go into your contacts, click on the message icon. A window should pop up that asks how you want to perform the task and give you the options to choose either the stock messaging app or handcent. click the Check mark at the bottom of that window (to set selection as default) and then click on handcent. You can then text the person, and proceed to change the stteings as you would if they texted you.

Hope you are loving your Droid2 and everything it offers!!

OP
M

me4droid

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate it!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App