Handcent & droid problem.

roberj13

Reaction score
Looking to see if someone can help me with a friends droid.

I have Handcent installed on my droid and have no problems and love the app, so I recommended it to a friend.

When my friend had it installed he has to unlock his phone to answer a call.. When he uninstalls it everything works fine. When he reinstalls it everythings works fine for a day it so. Then he has to start unlocking his phone again. I've looked and looked and can't find a setting that would affect it. Any ideas

Funny that I hear all the tome about apparel running different on different phones.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does your friend have the Handcent Pop-up enabled? Does your friend have any app that modifies/bypasses the lock screen? Could be another app that is on your friends Droid that is interacting with Handcent causing an issue....

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
He does have the popup enabled which I do not so that COULD be the difference. Ill have him try it out.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
what do you mean unlock your phone to answer a call.. everytime i get a call i gotta swipe the bar thing to the right... is that abnormal??

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
No he has to hit the button up top swipe to unlock. Then swipe again to answer. Yes, having to swipe to the right to answer is normal.

HwnDroid

Reaction score
Your not supposed to press the button on the top to answer a call it should wakeup when a call comes in. Yet like mentioned above you do have to swipe to answer. I would uninstall and reinstall if you haven't already.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Luckily, my phone is working great with handcent and its my friends