Handcent and MMS

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just did test 2, works without any trouble.. and i just updated handcent today.
thanks for the heads up I went to the market this morning to see if any apps had updates and nothing did, but when I went to it just how I saw Handcent and iMusic had updates

-=Jason=-

johnny9374

Reaction score
if i cant get pics in the native messaging app i doubt switching back to handcent is gonna solve it ugh fml

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
thank god im not the only one having problems like this i spent an hour on the phone with verizon the tech sent me a pic and i got it then he tried again and i didnt now whenever i get a pic i get the d/l box tap it and get a message saying failed with handcent without it even the native messaging does the same thing now im using chomp problem still exists the tech says its not the phone and some kind of network thing but i have friends with an eris and they dont seem to have this problem

I think it's Handcent and how it handles downloads. Once I removed it, I was able to download MMS and open them. I re-installed Handcent, but it failed once downloaded via the default messenger I could view them through Handcent.

iamsupreme

Reaction score
Great. I went into my inbox on Handcent. All of my SMS messages are gone. Pisses me off. This has happened to me before about a month ago. No rhyme or reason. Sucks because I had a lot of important messages. They don't exist in the stock message inbox that comes with the Droid either. UGH!

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm wondering if the new update will fix the problem?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the new update will fix the problem?
I tested this out tonight after the update. I sent a MMS from my wife's phone to mine, I still had to click the download bubble, but it was displayed and didn't disappear on me :)

-=Jason=-

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The most recent Handcent update has the MMS issue addressed in it :)

sir2545

Reaction score
My phone died today because I couldn't reach the charger in my car and when I got it charged and it booted up, it resent a message to a friend that I had sent yesterday and my friend called and asked me why I resent the message. Anyone else noticed this before? It has happened to me more than once.

mrredskin

Reaction score
My phone died today because I couldn't reach the charger in my car and when I got it charged and it booted up, it resent a message to a friend that I had sent yesterday and my friend called and asked me why I resent the message. Anyone else noticed this before? It has happened to me more than once.

yes the same thing has happened to me 2-3 times, at least. i've had the issue with MMS, as well.

not only that, about twice a day i'll get a "force close" message when i receive a txt. 90% of the time i've had to reboot to be able to see it.

On top of that, after some of those reboots, it will erase my ENTIRE message inbox!

oh so frustrating. i'm just gonna ditch the thing, i think.

findit

Reaction score
getting mms messages but can't figure out how to foward them. On my blackberry and on my friends phones when a sms or mms comes in there is a foward option you press and you select who you want to foward it to. I can't find this option with hancent or the messaging app on the droid. So what is the best way to foward a message?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
getting mms messages but can't figure out how to foward them. On my blackberry and on my friends phones when a sms or mms comes in there is a foward option you press and you select who you want to foward it to. I can't find this option with hancent or the messaging app on the droid. So what is the best way to foward a message?

LONG press the picture or video and a menu will pop up...

with the droid LONG pressing does wonders just try it out often when in doubt it MIGHT solve your problem. also using the SOFT menu key is pretty trick too for some apps

-=Jason=-