Handcent and MMS

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just commented on the app via the market and let them know about the MMS problem, we can also email the developer as well. maybe if enough people send an email and comment it will get fixed.

-=Jason=-

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone e-mailed the developer with a link to this thread? If not I will... just don't wanna spam his mailbox with the same things!

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have not sent an email, just made the comment in the market on the app

Martin go ahead and send him an email

-=Jason=-

neemo6

Reaction score
Recieved my first mms with handcent, and it was a total fail, like other manual download then blank. Dont even know if it was a pic or video. Problem now is I can even go into the stock messenger app. as handcent automatially starts up even when clicking the stock messenger icon.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Try removing Handcent and when MMS come in use the default messenger after that you can re-install Handcent, but I would recommend using the default to download MMS until they fix the problem. At least that's what has been working for me. Once you have the MMS downloaded with the default you can use Handcent to view it. Kind of a pain, you need to email Handcent and tell them about it. Hopefully once they see the pattern they will fix it. It has to do with Handcent and how it deals with downloads... good luck.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just out of curiosity.. for those of you having issues, are you using the handcent popup feature? i am not and i am having zero problems..

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just disabled it and will see what happens, thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just figured that if some are having issues with handcent, it might be one of the features.. maybe we can narrow it down?

amyk

Reaction score
my daughter sent me a text last night with a pic of our kitten in it, and I had to manually click on to download as well, but my other issue (and probably more ignorance than handcent) is that when I went to save it, it wouldn't save to my gallery---only upload or set as wallpaper---but I wanted to save it----only had this phone for a few days and coming from a Dare, there are a loooootttt of things that confuse me lol
(but I am blonde---lmao)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had 2 MMS that I couldn't view in Handcent... but I could long press on the message and had the option to save the file (in Handcent)... and it saved fine to the SD card. Weird :confused:
At the same time I was able to view the files perfectly fine in the stock messaging.

Neither MMS came through with the pop-up. I have is enabled to only pop up when the screen is asleep, if the phone is awake, it doesn't pop up.

Djanvk

Reaction score
I have problems sending pictures I take with my droid it always says they are to big and do I want to resize and I say yes but it never seems to work. Also my friend had an iphone app which does free text messaging but I have to text to an email address and they don't work in handsent but I can send those in the default messaging program.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have problems sending pictures I take with my droid it always says they are to big and do I want to resize and I say yes but it never seems to work. Also my friend had an iphone app which does free text messaging but I have to text to an email address and they don't work in handsent but I can send those in the default messaging program.
I have to resize, the phone says its resizing, then it says it to big and give me the option to resize again. I do and it sends, so it seems the phone has to resize TWICE or at least for me it does.

-=Jason=-

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
just out of curiosity.. for those of you having issues, are you using the handcent popup feature? i am not and i am having zero problems..

I just received an MMS from my daughter and it didn't make a difference and it failed. It was worth a try.

johnny9374

Reaction score
thank god im not the only one having problems like this i spent an hour on the phone with verizon the tech sent me a pic and i got it then he tried again and i didnt now whenever i get a pic i get the d/l box tap it and get a message saying failed with handcent without it even the native messaging does the same thing now im using chomp problem still exists the tech says its not the phone and some kind of network thing but i have friends with an eris and they dont seem to have this problem