GV question

NADA918

Reaction score
If I log into my google voice account online, I can type in a number to call, which then connects to my phone, upon answering connects the call to the recipient.

When the phone rings me, it displays my gv number, which I have added to my friends and family.

MY question is, will it use minutes considering It appears as if I am speaking to one of my friends and family numbers no matter who I talk to?

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
There used to be an App for this. Last I heard though, It will only work on outgoing calls, incoming calls will use a random GV number. I cant remember the name of the App though. In theory it should work. Easy way to know is to check your minutes, make a 5 minutes test call, and see what happens.

liferefugee

Reaction score
if your google voice number is in your friends and family then you should be good. I cant say for 100% about the random number thing since I setup GV to call back to my SIP number and I just use it when doing VOIP on my phone.

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
This is gonna get complicated, but what it seems like you'll have to do, is look at your Verizon account online and match the numbers that GV assigned to your contacts and match it up with your call log on your phone. That way you can at least use the Friends and Family, but only half of the 10 slots because you'll have to use the number assigned by google for out going calls and their real number for incoming calls. But you won't be able to use your google number to get free calls all the time.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I was not aware that this was happening. Like the article says though, you can still dial your GV number and place the call that way, not using the app or the web to start the call. With that then it just looks like you are calling the number in your list.