guide to custom roms?

Reaction score
how do i go about creating a custom android rom for the droid 2 global? ive yet to see a tutorial on doing so for this device. also i have a few idead in my head for a custom android home launcher. does anyone know how i could go about creating this custom home launcher to bring my ideas to reality?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Keep watching the Get R Done forum. Wozzy is working on a online based "school" for android that should be quite usefull.

satoru

Reaction score
Not to be mean, but if you have to ask then you are nowhere near ready. Best bet is to wait for this "school" to start and attend as much as possible. Also, if you wish to go it your own start learning how to deal with unix/linux systems, batch scritping, and lots of trial and error. Google is your best friend. If you need help with something specific just ask, ill be more than happy to help.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Not to be mean, but if you have to ask then you are nowhere near ready. Best bet is to wait for this "school" to start and attend as much as possible. Also, if you wish to go it your own start learning how to deal with unix/linux systems, batch scritping, and lots of trial and error. Google is your best friend. If you need help with something specific just ask, ill be more than happy to help.

Quoted for truth. You left out java to. But to the op if you are asking you have a ways to go because you need knowledge of all these things above and let me assure you it takes alot of time to learn these things. I have been modding android for almost 2 years and still coudlt make a trully custom rom.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

satoru

Reaction score

Quoted for truth. You left out java to. But to the op if you are asking you have a ways to go because you need knowledge of all these things above and let me assure you it takes alot of time to learn these things. I have been modding android for almost 2 years and still coudlt make a trully custom rom.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Lol yea I left it out for a reason XD. android is still new in a sense so learn what you can now and be ready for the next step.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Thats true, and just to expand on my last post, for the OP, you now know what you need to learn to an extent. Now you have to spend time learning these things, which will take you quite awhile. Then once you actually know how to code and such, well then there is applying it to work for android and then actually coding things in to the rom. To sum it up you might need to spend 6 months to a year just learning what you need to know just to be able to rom, and then your going to spend a few weeks or months codding the rom itself. I have taken the time to develop a modified version of a mod for a PC Game. The original Mod itself took years to get to the stag it is at now where it is incredibly real and a well respected work of art. It took me months just to tweak the original mod to my liking. That gives you an idea how long development of things can take.