[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

mrmako777

Reaction score
I reflashed to USA sbf but milestoneoverclock still shows default setting 550Mhz@56Vsel.
Is this problem with application or USA rom is on 550Mhz. I heard it is on 720Mhz.. o_O

EDIT
Stuck at M logo (Motorola logo) after doing everything successfully. It's been 1 hour since phone is on M logo.
Where did I go wrong. Everything was successful.

flashed the wrong sbf then. i flashed the us sbf and had no issues whatsoever

akshata_khan

Reaction score
I want to know how to check if FAT32 is in bootable because gparted gave no option.
In step 5:
As i run cd/sdcard/apps2sd it given an error cd/sdcard/apps2sd : not found (i have not put any space btw the command)
I have directly extracted tht app2sd folder to my sd

EDIT1: Came to knw i should have kept my phone on portal & tools mode & there is space btw commands but still dont know how to know if fat 32 is flaged bootable

Last edited:

3rdstring

Reaction score
I want to know how to check if FAT32 is in bootable because gparted gave no option.
In step 5:
As i run cd/sdcard/apps2sd it given an errorcd/sdcard/apps2sd : not found (i have not put any space btw the command)
I have directly extracted tht app2sd folder to my sd

EDIT1: Came to knw i should have kept my phone on portal & tools mode & there is space btw commands but still dont know how to know if fat 32 is flaged bootable

In gparted if you right click on the partition there is an option to manage flags, that where you set the partition as bootable.

HTH

akshata_khan

Reaction score
now when i m trying to run move dalvik cache & themes it says me to select of the given option it make no changes.
for clean up script i type y still it says aborted.
As i run app2sd it asks me restart & after restarting app2sd , Market & file manager icon go missing.what do i do???Am i making any mistake in running the app2sd it is now twice tht this has happened

Last edited:

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
flashed the wrong sbf then. i flashed the us sbf and had no issues whatsoever
No mate I flashed USA Cincinati Bell sbf. And now I have reflashed my phone, hope this time it will be all good.

cchang0123

Reaction score
Help pls, bootimage loop.

I hv follow ur instruction, but the restart was endless, so I pull d plug n my xt720 start ok but no jit froyo. I unmounted d sdcard then disaster, bootimg loop, hv done evrything can think of. Cant enter d phone at all. Just stuck with bootimg loop. Help me pls, this is my 1st droid. Thx

akshata_khan

Reaction score
Anyone intrested for help only about this script i am up for help add me [email protected].
Thankx to uploader & corey morales who helped me achieve it.

Last edited:

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
I have done this 5 times now and still cant get any further from Motorola logo!!!
:(

insmod of ext2 successful!
mount: No such file or directory
Error mounting sd ext2, exiting
Mount of ext2 successful!
Copying apps to sd, please wait
Copying apps private data to sd,
Copying dalvik-cache to sd, plea
setcpu.txt,No such file or direc
app2sd INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY!

It shows exiting script and still shows app2sd successful?? What's wrong??

Last edited:

psirage

Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent scripts and guide! Makes this so easy for XT720 owners.

I didn't need app2sd, but I used the script to install JIT and busybox. I also rename some of the bloatware from apk to bak and move some of the apps from /data to /system.

If I don't need overclocking and app2sd, would I be able to unroot my phone and get the benefits of JIT?

I need to unroot my phone to get "Good for Enterprise" to work.

Thanks in advance. I couldn't find this after some googling.

kousik

Reaction score
I have done this 5 times now and still cant get any further from Motorola logo!!!
:(
insmod of ext2 successful!
Error mounting sd ext2, exiting
Mount of ext2 successful!
Most likely the script and sbf you have are not compatible. I see in Indian ROM /system is available as /dev/block/blahblah7 whereas in most ROMs it is /dev/block/blahblah6. If the script uses 6, then you'll see error similar to above. If you have adb, take "adb shell", and use command "mount" to find corresponding mount points. Also see if sd card is partitioned properly -- if FAT32 partition is mmcblock0p1 and ext2 is mmcblock0p2. If not, edit install.sh accordingly. Then copy apps2sd directory into sdcard and run the script.

kousik

Reaction score
If I don't need overclocking and app2sd, would I be able to unroot my phone and get the benefits of JIT?

I need to unroot my phone to get "Good for Enterprise" to work.
Once you have replaced the .so and binaries for JIT, they do not need root permission for day to day activities. So you can unroot and still enjoy JIT. If you used Universal Androot then I guess there is a single click 'unroot' option too (which I have not tried personally) but I hope that works for you.

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
No one will know how do I feel after successfully applying app2sd and FroYo JIT.
Phone is flying now even at 720Mhz. Lots of free space even after applying app2sd, but Internal memory goes down a bit even after app2sd. Is this normal??

My quandrant score @720Mhz was 749 dancedroid

akshata_khan

Reaction score
I have run this script successfully before but i recently flashed my phone & formatted my card.since then i m trying to make partition but evrytime after using gparted i disconnect my phone from computer it says damaged card.wht is the solution?can anyone help me....

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
I have run this script successfully before but i recently flashed my phone & formatted my card.since then i m trying to make partition but evrytime after using gparted i disconnect my phone from computer it says damaged card.wht is the solution?can anyone help me....

Initially, even I faced that problem then I changed the software to partition SD card.
I used PARAGON HARD DISK MANAGER to partition my SD card and my device didn't report any error.

Hope [video=youtube;ZjPZztWrB3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPZztWrB3E"]this[/video] link helps.

alsolh

Reaction score
after applying the script with moving cache to sd, i still can see the phone memory dropping on every application install (but consuming lower space than without app2sd), is there anyway to move the applications completely to ext3 partition, i tried app2card and it is useless, never have i succeeded in installation