Reaction score
I had this problem
my XT720 run optimizer rev2
but I skip the apps2sd because I always fail in partition session

my sdcard is 8 GB (7,4 nett)
I made partition with acronis and paragon software
when I tried to part my sd with acronis, this condition always appears:

-windows read my sd as 7,4 fat32
-I checked with paeagon, it always read my sd as 7,4 GB ext3 (although I've already format my sd from my phone)
-acronis read my sd as 6 GB fat32 and 1,4 GB ext3

Then, whenever I run the script to apply app2sd, dos always says:

installing APP2SD, please wait ...
insmod: init_module '/system/lib/modules/ext2.ko'failed (file exists)
Error loading ext2.ko, exiting script ...

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my patition?
thx

Because you allready applied app2sd allready one time on your phone the ext2.ko file allready exits on your phone. You have to remove it to be able to apply app2sd again. There is nothing wrong with your SDCARD but on your phone it self. I reflashed my phone and it installs fine again, some people say it is allso possible to remove the file from your phone ore use the -f command to force overwrite and redo APP2SD, i had no luck with that.

khalpowers

Reaction score
Btw Khal, I was going through your app2sd instructions and I don't see
/data/app1
/data/dalvik-cache1
/data/app-private1

Instead, I see the same folders without the 1 at the end.

r u sure dont see the 1 at the end,,?
do u try remove the /data/app1 ?
u need to delete duplicate folder at root....u can see that folder at /system/sd

coykoya

Reaction score
Because you allready applied app2sd allready one time on your phone the ext2.ko file allready exits on your phone. You have to remove it to be able to apply app2sd again. There is nothing wrong with your SDCARD but on your phone it self. I reflashed my phone and it installs fine again, some people say it is allso possible to remove the file from your phone ore use the -f command to force overwrite and redo APP2SD, i had no luck with that.

thanks a lot
it worked

beako

Reaction score
Btw Khal, I was going through your app2sd instructions and I don't see
/data/app1
/data/dalvik-cache1
/data/app-private1

Instead, I see the same folders without the 1 at the end.

r u sure dont see the 1 at the end,,?
do u try remove the /data/app1 ?
u need to delete duplicate folder at root....u can see that folder at /system/sd

Yeah I'm sure I don't see the 1. I went to both /system/sd and /data/.

So if I use root explorer and delete ext2.ko, will anything bad happen?

Last edited:

hahutzy

Reaction score
2 Questions:

1) Can you make a version of your script without the themes? They're too big to download and put in my SD card..

2) I'm using the stock Singapore firmware, should I use any of the optimizers? Because the 4 you posted don't include Singapore ( STR_U2_01.18.2 ).

Thank you.

beako

Reaction score
1) Just delete the themes folder.

2) See if you can find the 2nd version of the optimizer, I used that when I had the Singapore firmware. Otherwise, flash to one of the European firmwares (I chose the Russian one) and use the optimizer for that.

hahutzy

Reaction score
Can't seem to download the US Cincinati Bell one, can you mirror it elsewhere?

P

prya

Are there more themes that work with the xt720?
tried some with metamorph but either nothing happend or I had to reflash...

and- is there finally a recovery /nandroid for the xt720 available? Reflashing and deleting all the systems apps I don't wanna have is quite enervating... :(

Mospeada71

Reaction score
Hello i am from Argentina ,my name Sergio (somebody speak spanish?) or,please somebody can created video or video screenshot tutorial (youtube) US or EURO firmware, Froyo JIT installed

PD: Please ,sorry my bad english

Last edited:

khalpowers

Reaction score
Are there more themes that work with the xt720?
tried some with metamorph but either nothing happend or I had to reflash...

and- is there finally a recovery /nandroid for the xt720 available? Reflashing and deleting all the systems apps I don't wanna have is quite enervating... :(
u can apply my porte theme that i posted before ..apply with optimizer theme..Anyway what theme u like in your XT??

khalpowers

Reaction score
P

prya

Wow!!! :icon_eek: Thank you so much- I will try them at once....
g025.gif

here is the icognito link

may you tell me how you porte themes for the xt720? I woul like to start to do my own themes- if one have a grafical education one should use them, right? but I still don't know enough about developing...:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

khalpowers

Reaction score
i just follow this...
Theme Porter Thread on XDA
services.jar Tutorial
Status Bar XML Tutorials

The links above provide most of the information you need to port a theme to the XT720.

Using your ADB access from a computer type in: adb pull /system

This will pull the entire system directory from your phone to the working directory on your computer. For theming what you need are the /system/app directory the /system/framework directory. In the framework folder the primary files to edit are framework-res.apk and services.jar.

It's a pain-in-the-butt the first time, but it gets easier after a few themes. Just keep in mind that even on the same phone you need to start from scratch for each new software update! Trying to re-use the framework-res.apk or services.jar between different software releases is ill advised.

anyway the icognito link is corrupted...seems failure...