Gtalk video chat

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I'm trying to user gtalk to video chat with my sister in another state...but it doesn't work. All it does is ring on both ends. Had anyone used g talk to video chat? She also has a bionic. Yes I know I can use Skype and I have but I always keep my g talk logged in..

Vicious1

Reaction score
It works fine on my bionic, but I've only done phone to pc video calls with it, not tried phone to phone yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yea phone to phone is what i'm having issues with..

Artreas

Reaction score
I've done phone to phone with the bionic. You'll need a strong enough signal for it though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My wife and I both have Bionics and we can video chat with each other over 4g or wifi with no issues. I just looked through the Talk settings but didn't see anything that jumped out. When you say it rings on both ends, what exactly do you mean?

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
It rings when I try to video chat with my sister but then comes up and says she is not available at this time but she is. She said that she hits answer but then won't connect...we are both using 4g.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Either of you rooted? What system version are you both running (5.5.893, 5.9.901, etc)? I know you want to use Talk and that's fine, but have you at least tried another video chat app to see if it works? That way we can focus on Talk as the culprit and not the phones or the video.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Works okay for me. Both ends need a solid connection. When you look a the main screen, do you and your sister both have the video cam icon on the right side of your names. Attached my settings

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Either of you rooted? What system version are you both running (5.5.893, 5.9.901, etc)? I know you want to use Talk and that's fine, but have you at least tried another video chat app to see if it works? That way we can focus on Talk as the culprit and not the phones or the video.

I am rooted and she is not. I am on version 893 stock root. No ROM or nothing. I've used Skype and it works fine no problems.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Works okay for me. Both ends need a solid connection. When you look a the main screen, do you and your sister both have the video cam icon on the right side of your names. Attached my settings

Yes on my screen both parties have the video icon on and both say available...

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Well I still can't seem to get it to work. I tried to have my brother sign into it and try it but it don't even show the video icon next to his name like it does for my sister and he has a phone that has a front face camera on it too

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Bionics and we can video chat with each other over 4g or wifi with no issues. I just looked through the Talk settings but didn't see anything that jumped out. When you say it rings on both ends, what exactly do you mean?

Do you have another app installed by google that allows yours to work. Maybe I need a plug in or something...

blwn327

Reaction score
I have the vid icon and my girl does not just green dot? How does she get the vid icon. My buds is the same, he only has green dot? They are both at&t and I'm verizon. Does that matter? Girl has samsung infuse and bud has lg thrill

Sent from my 43v3r ROOTED BADASS BIONIC!

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I have the vid icon and my girl does not just green dot? How does she get the vid icon. My buds is the same, he only has green dot? They are both at&t and I'm verizon. Does that matter? Girl has samsung infuse and bud has lg thrill

When they open the talk app click on their name at the top and it opens some options. Check where it says allow video calling. Let me know if it works. I still can't get mine to work and I've tried with 4 ppl

km75

Reaction score

Some phones dont have the video chat option available. My brother has a Samsung Stratosphere and video chatting through gtalk isnt an option on his phone. Dont know why exactly. So if the phone doesnt have that option available then they wont be able to video chat with you.