GTA III: 10 Year Anniversay Edition Coming to Select Android Devices Dec.15th for $5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gta3_android.jpg

The folks at Rockstar Games want to show their appreciation for the success of GTA III. They recently announced that the 10 Year Anniversary Edition of the game will be coming to select Android and iOS devices on December 15th, for only 5 bucks. Here's a quote from the company with device specifics:

• Apple iOS Devices: iPad 1 & 2, iPhone 4 & 4S, iPod touch 4th Generation.
  • Android Phones: HTC Rezound, LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung Galaxy R, T-Mobile G2x.
  • Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Dell Streak 7, LG Optimus Pad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive.

That's a small window of devices. If you give this new port of GTA III a whirl, let us know in the forums what you think.

Source: BGR and RockStar Games

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sweet it's gonna be on the Xoom.

I know what I'm doing for my 9hr trip to Vegas:D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why even bother if you are only going to make it work on a whopping 7 phones?

I am really beginning to HATE the Android gaming scene. You'd think the Bionic was underpowered by the lack of games for it.

Can't play Riptide GP.......
Can't play Shine Runner
Can't play GTA 3
Can't play NFS: Shift
Can't play NFL Rivals
And the list goes on................

Hope compatibility for OMAP/PowerVR devices improves, and fast - Otherwise, the Galaxy Nexus is in trouble.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
betcha you can just install it to run anywas with a ROM or root action. The Thunderbolt can play Tegrazone games, even though they "require" tegra2's

edit-
the GNex is a dev phone, so a majority of apps will (read: should) be built around it

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
BLEH.

Where's my Bionic?

Not like I'd even buy it.