GS3 and 3rd party tether apps

JFrawls

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to tether my tablet and GS3 using my 3rd party apps for the first time. I had them set up on the old phone but haven't needed to do it yet.

I am having issues though, the network not appearing, as if the phone is not broadcasting its signal to the tablet... has anyone else used OpenGarden, or Müller, Lemons, Buxton Wifi tether for root users for their GS3???

drew

Reaction score
I didn't root my phone yet (haven't had a need) and to solve my tethering problem, I downloaded FoxFi from the Play Store. I tethered my GS3 to my HP TouchPad tablet and it works really well.

On my old rooted devices, Wireless Tether has never let me down.

OP
JFrawls

JFrawls

Reaction score
I haven't tried FoxFi since I was rooted in the past and always Used Wifi tether for Root. I managed to get it to show up in the available networks yesterday by changing some of the settings... it wasn't stable though. It connected but no content would come up in the browser and no apps could refresh their feeds.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
FoxFi works for everything i have tried so far. I don't have a tablet, but it works for multiple computers, and a few phones that i have had to tether to my phone. No problems.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I couldn't get FoxFi to work on my Rezound. It appeared to work but showed no internet connection.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I couldn't get FoxFi to work on my Rezound. It appeared to work but showed no internet connection.
Wont work on Rezound no matter what. Something HTC locked. Only way to free wifi tether on the Rezound is to root. otherwise you are stuck with bluetooth or PDANet and USB.