Greetings Incredible People....Question

Grettski

Reaction score
Hey all... As of Wednesday my wife and I will be new owners of the Inc. We've had the Eris since January, and we both just got a free upgrade to the Inc. I just had a couple questions for ya'll. Now, I backed up my apps to the SD card with Astro, and copied that to my computer. When I get the new phones, can I transfer that data to the Inc data card, download Astro and import my apps on the Inc? Or is there a compatibility issue?
Also, how good is the bluetooth? Our state just went hands free, and the Eris leaves much to be desired on the bluetooth.
And finally, I hear the Inc is about to get 2.2. When the Eris got 2.1 it wiped the phone. Is this going to happen on this update? Just want to be ready for it if it does.
Thanks for your time.....Dont mean to be a pain....

techguru

Reaction score
Astro won't restore some (most) paid apps, but the market will. More importantly though, the market won't recognize the apps installed from astro to notify you of updates. However, the fix is simple. Install appbrain. It will recognize Astro restored apps and notify you of updates whenever you sync.

Bluetooth. Dinc does fine for hands free. I have noticed with A2DP it is more sensitive to interference than my DX so occasionally I get music skipping on my moto rokr hd's.

2.2 will not wipe the phone. 2.1 to 2.2 is much smoother than 1.6 to 2.1.

Alan

OP
Grettski

Grettski

Reaction score
Astro won't restore some (most) paid apps, but the market will. More importantly though, the market won't recognize the apps installed from astro to notify you of updates. However, the fix is simple. Install appbrain. It will recognize Astro restored apps and notify you of updates whenever you sync.

Bluetooth. Dinc does fine for hands free. I have noticed with A2DP it is more sensitive to interference than my DX so occasionally I get music skipping on my moto rokr hd's.

2.2 will not wipe the phone. 2.1 to 2.2 is much smoother than 1.6 to 2.1.

Alan

Thanks Alan.
Really appreaciate the help....