Greetings from The Lou.............

DroidLuva

Reaction score
I am not a "new" Droid user as I have had mine since January 2010.

I am loving the Droid so far and having no issues at all.

I have 2 clients that are attorneys and they recently got the Moto Droid (same as mine) and I am having problems with setting up their email with an IMAP connection.

Getting an error message that I did not get on my own phone when I set up my email.

I have verified the IMAP settings by setting up their email through my Outlook client using IMAP and there is no issues at all, connects just fine. We have also set up a couple of Blackberries and an Iphone using IMAP and it worked just fine.

This is the error message I am getting after it prompts me to put in my SMTP mail settings:

Set up could not finish. Cannot connect to server (500 5.3.3 Unrecognized command)

Any ideas?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
howdy droidluva :welcome: Have you tried K9 mail? it's free in the market and apparently takes care of this problem. good luck

OP
DroidLuva

DroidLuva

Reaction score
howdy droidluva :welcome: Have you tried K9 mail? it's free in the market and apparently takes care of this problem. good luck

Thanks - I will download it and test it out on my own Droid with my clients email credentials. If it works, I will have them download and configure it on their phones also.