Greetings! Any motorcyclists here?

ripshod

Reaction score
I just got my Droid2 and I'm eager to take advantage of lots of the features while riding across town and across the country on my motorcycle. I have lots of questions about mounting, Bluetooth capabilities, data usage and available apps. I'll be asking those questions in the appropriate fora, of course, but for now just a big hello from Knoxville, where the mountains are Smoky and the roads are smooth and twisty .

welcome to the forum!! lots of motorcycle enthusiasts in here (i'm not one of them, tho ;) ), but even more friendly members willing to help and share info/ideas. in addition to the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid, we also have a separate section, with several subforums, devoted entirely to the D2. browse around, stick around, and join in the fun! :)

I use my droid in a handle bar mount as a music system. I have it hooked up to play via stereo cable but can easily convert to bluetooth. I use the cable necause I figure it saves some battery vs bluetooth. The droid also replaces my speedomete by using a gps based speedo. And finally, since my bike doesn't have a fuel guage (damn you honda!!!) I track fuel use with the droid... droid does (ride very well)... have fun. Keep the shinny side up!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Me! :icon_ banana:

cp22204iw2.jpg

Now thats a nice bike. Looks like you might have done a few mods on here and there. I am looking forward to the day i can afford a truck and a bike

I feel very welcome here already. I, too, have made a few modifications, though of a different sort:

o2Ouy.jpg

I'll check out that thread soon. But why do you need a truck AND a bike?

Now thats a nice bike. Looks like you might have done a few mods on here and there. I am looking forward to the day i can afford a truck and a bike

Thank you! and yea, there are a few mods (ceramic coated exhaust, engine covers, sliders, etc....)

Well I have a 97' chevy tahoe and I think I'm going to put a 2" lift with 35" nitto tires or a 4" lift with 37's on and continue enjoying the backwoods trails around east nc. I have ridden a couple of my buddies bikes and it is def fun. I wouldn't mind having a hyabusa tho. Anything with an engine interests me and always has. Well more like just goin through the learning process while fixing parts that broke while in the mud. Anyways I would love to have a 2005 gmc 2500HD with a ducatti to pull behind it. Maybe oneday tho haha

Sent from my rooted D2

I have a 99 Kawasaki KLR 650. Its my daily driver, and here in Florida, it's rare when I can't ride.

I've repainted it, upgraded the needle and jetted the carb...custom intake, IMS Exhaust, among other small things.

I get a nice 48mpg on it too.

My Incredible stays nice and safe in my pocket when I'm on it.

welcome to the forum. well im happy to say that in Hawaii u can ride nearly 365 days/yr. im on my 4th cycle, from a line of Harley's now its down to an awesome quiet well powered low maintenance Honda Goldwing. its practically a luxury car...

aefdd670-ec56-843f.jpg

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

still waiting for the pics....haha

Well I have a 97' chevy tahoe and I think I'm going to put a 2" lift with 35" nitto tires or a 4" lift with 37's on and continue enjoying the backwoods trails around east nc. I have ridden a couple of my buddies bikes and it is def fun. I wouldn't mind having a hyabusa tho. Anything with an engine interests me and always has. Well more like just goin through the learning process while fixing parts that broke while in the mud. Anyways I would love to have a 2005 gmc 2500HD with a ducatti to pull behind it. Maybe oneday tho haha

Sent from my rooted D2

Aloha from Hawaii ... Droid 2 Global

Back