Green LED keeps on Blinking

tommyloc

Reaction score
I've been told that the blinking green LED means that I've got a message waiting (droid2). I've removed all messages from the text message and voice mail aps and still have a green blining power light. What is wrong?

tylcunni

Reaction score
Does it still keep blinking after you power cycle?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

tommyloc

Reaction score
Yes, it keeps on blinging no matter what I do. I've powered it off and I've checked both the text and voice message apps to be sure there are no messages waiting.

NYCSean

Reaction score
Yes, it keeps on blinging no matter what I do. I've powered it off and I've checked both the text and voice message apps to be sure there are no messages waiting.

Isn't the green light telling you that you have signal? Or the phones working? that's what I thought it was.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

tylcunni

Reaction score
Far as I know green led is for SMS, missed calls and stuff like that. I know I have a purple led for emails

InSaNiTy_XtC

Reaction score
Same exact problem here sometimes it blinks when the screens on and yes mine is rooted but I am no noob been with android ever since the G1....just started 2 days ago haven't added anything except this app called lock

tylcunni

Reaction score
Sometimes my led will flash when my screen is on but that's usually right after rebooting, my device is not rooted

Khiraji

Reaction score
Mine blinks green normally - it's supposed to blink red on new SMS (blue on new Facebook messages), but sometimes it doesn't.

tylcunni

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently did the OTA update to 2.3.3 and now my LED doesn't blink unless I actually have a message or new update so I guess that's a fix

wendee2150

Reaction score
Mine blinks green normally - it's supposed to blink red on new SMS (blue on new Facebook messages), but sometimes it doesn't.

Mine blinks red when my battery is very low. Purple for emails and green for missed calls, texts and voice mails.

piloteer

Reaction score
Thought this forum was for the Droid 2.
But any way it may not be enough to power your phone on or off. I suggest power it off and remove the battery. Wait a minute, reinstall the battery, then power up and see if that stops the light. If it don't work take it to a Verizon store and one of the guys there may be able to figure it out. It may need repair! Hope this was helpful L.O.L.

wendee2150

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently did the OTA update to 2.3.3 and now my LED doesn't blink unless I actually have a message or new update so I guess that's a fix

There is no update 2.3.3 for the X2 yet, I'm told. You must not have an X2 phone.

Wendy

crazy206

Reaction score
Mine blinks red when my battery is very low. Purple for emails and green for missed calls, texts and voice mails.

Well I was sent a replacement D2 and I haven't activated it yet and its LED still blinks green. I think it tells you if you have signal or not, 3g or wifi. I think its a data connection thing, it flashes if its connected and sending / receiving data,

Sent from my Unactivated, Defective, Replacement DROID2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I was sent a replacement D2 and I haven't activated it yet and its LED still blinks green. I think it tells you if you have signal or not, 3g or wifi. I think its a data connection thing, it flashes if its connected and sending / receiving data,

Sent from my Unactivated, Defective, Replacement DROID2

No lol. If it did do that, I would take a drill bit to my LED because that would piss me off

X

robhaynes

Reaction score
Hello, noob here. My MB810 has a flashing green light, but that is all. No screen image. i pull the battery, watch the start up screen and then it goes blank, with just that annoying, pesky flashing green light. Is there something I need to push(button wise) to get my screen to magiacally appear? I was hoping the power unlock buton would do the trick.
Thanks