Great Deal on Moto G

Milton515

Reaction score
Amazon has the VZW prepaid version of the Moto G for $69.99 with free shipping. No word on how long it will be that cheap so you better get it while you can... I ordered two myself.

View attachment 71398

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Makes a good backup or a phone for your kids.. Sounds like a great deal.

OP
Milton515

Milton515

Reaction score
I had wanting to try it out but refused to pay $180 or $220 (4G LTE version) to just try it out. But for that price I couldn't pass it up.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I had wanting to try it out but refused to pay $180 or $220 (4G LTE version) to just try it out. But for that price I couldn't pass it up.

Good for you.. Let us know what you think.

tituswife

Reaction score
What does Verizon pre-paid mean? I'm considering a back up to my Note 2. I don't want to activate it now, not when/if I do, I'll use Verizon.

Thank you!

Sent from my stock Samsung Note 2 using Swiftkey

NWKENT

Reaction score
What does Verizon pre-paid mean? I'm considering a back up to my Note 2. I don't want to activate it now, not when/if I do, I'll use Verizon.

Thank you!

Sent from my stock Samsung Note 2 using Swiftkey

The Moto G is the XT1028 model..3G only..CDMA device..works on Verizon PrePaid ONLY..$70 a month..cannot use the device on any other network..Verizon only..I own one..its an awesome device..but works on Verizon PrePaid ONLY..

Sent from my:
4.4.4_21.11.21 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I got one of these for my daughter when they were on sale for $50 from best buy. Side by side, it's hard to tell the difference between my Moto X & the Moto G unless you know what you're looking for

Tapped from a Moto X

NWKENT

Reaction score
I got one of these for my daughter when they were on sale for $50 from best buy. Side by side, it's hard to tell the difference between my Moto X & the Moto G unless you know what you're looking for

Tapped from a Moto X

Yes..I own both..and the Moto G is a few MM thicker..very similar is shape and size..in the hand, they also feel very similar..speaker grill is opposite.. But very similar overall..

Sent from my:
4.4.4_21.11.21 (Unlocked)
XT1080M Droid Maxx #2
http://waynekent.com/page6.html

VirtualCLD

Reaction score

Tapped from a Moto X

I just got this for my wife who was already paying the same amount of money for the Verizon unlimited minutes basic phone prepaid plan (the limited minutes basic prepaid phone is $10 cheaper). I figured if she is paying the $45 a month for a basic phone, might as well upgrade to the smartphone for the same price per month (and the same unlimited minutes and 500MB). The nice thing is, Verizon has a promotion that when you sign up for autopay, you get an addition 500MB per month!
Unfortunately, I just missed the Best Buy sale and ended up getting it for $70, but still I am extemely impressed for the quality of phone for only $70. Sure it's only 3G and Verizon just added 4G prepaid, but for my wife's very first smartphone, it's an amazing value. She has a 2012 Nexus 7 and it's a very similar interface, it looks like Googerola added very little bloat and skinning (if any). It's an amazing device and even though my Galaxy S3 has 4G (plus I still have unlimited data which is why we are still on separate plans), I'm a little envious!

Now for the lesson we learned, I apologize for my verbose story:

I had assumed I would have to buy the phone and activate it at a Verizon store with my wife present since I did not have authorization to modify/access her account. So we told the rep what we wanted to do and at first, they wanted her to change over to a regular contract plan (and we freely admit that prepaid receives poor customer service compared to regular plans). The rep actually said "It's only $10 more [than the prepaid plan] and you still get the unlimited minutes and text plus... well... 250MB [as opposed to the 500MB with the prepaid plan]..." He trailed off right there after reading the specs out loud from the sign. It was a tough sell, but we managed to turn him down. We then asked for the Moto G and he said it would be the full retail price ($200.00) as opposed to Verizon's website which said $99 because she already had a prepaid account. They didn't have the MotoG available in the store, so he offered up an open box iPhone 4 or LG Exceed for $300 or $200 respectively. Oh; and there was a $10 activation/changeover fee. Needless to say, we decided to leave.

That night, I found out about the Amazon offer and that I just missed the Best Buy sale, but hey $70 was much better than $200. I was still nervous that Verizon wouldn't allow us to activate it, but even the rep said you can use any compatible phone with the prepaid plan. The next day, while my wife was at work, I went to BestBuy, bought the phone by itself without a new prepaid plan, brought it home and plugged it in to charge. When my wife got home from work, she turned it on, activated the phone using the built-in software and was done! No muss, no fuss, no ridiculous fees. Plus she has 1GB a month since she uses autopay. The only downside was that her billing cycle started over again and she had only used up two weeks of her last billing month, but that was a small price to pay.

I have great experiences at Verizon stores (actual Verizon stores, not just authorized retailers) and this was the first really bad experience at a regular Verizon store (although this was the first time I've been to that particular location).